"NO Essentials" seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > "NO Essentials" seats

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

"NO Essentials" seats

For 3 years I've been biting my tongue on this. I'm dying to hear what's so great about the "YES Essentials" seats. I've been collecting stains for 3 years now and I can't find ANYTHING that gets these seats clean - in fact it seems like whenever I use mild soap and water to get a stain off, the stain barely fades and I get a water ring on the cloth - ESSENTIALLY (no pun intended) making it worse. My seats look AWFUL and I'm sick of it. If I hadn't been pitched on "stain resistant" I'd be less perturbed, but this is all gimmick if you ask me.

Not gonna lie, the best seats I ever had were the vinyl ones in my '97 2.5 TJ.

What are you guys using to clean them?

'07 JK 2dr Sahara - auto w/ 4.10's and rear locker. 2" OME HD coil lift, BDS shocks, and 1" body-lift. 34" Hankook RT09 MT's on 16" AEV Bridgers. ARB diff covers, Warn bumpers, Warn 9K winch, a couple Hella lights ...and a WORTHLESS AirRaid CAI.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

I've never really paid attention to my seats. I have spots still where my dog upchucked on them. Usually they are covered by a butt.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
owtdorz
2009 JK Wrangler 

Still under warranty?
They can be replaced under warranty.
Unread 04-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Scooter_Trash
2007 JK Wrangler 

Two kids and three dogs. I'm not having any problem getting stains out with mild soap and water. :dunno
Scooter_Trash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My dad had those seats in his PT Cruiser. They look like crap now and we've tried very hard to scrub the stains out. I think it's all a gimmick too. The best thing I would think to do would be spray the seats with scotch guard every few months.

Vice President - Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club
'98 2.5L - RC 2.5 - 33's - Beach Cruiser

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari
Stoked99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
Still under warranty?
not a chance ...60K miles.

I'm going to rent an industrial shampooer, get them as clean as possible, and then steal some plastic off grandma's couch to cover them for eternity.
'07 JK 2dr Sahara - auto w/ 4.10's and rear locker. 2" OME HD coil lift, BDS shocks, and 1" body-lift. 34" Hankook RT09 MT's on 16" AEV Bridgers. ARB diff covers, Warn bumpers, Warn 9K winch, a couple Hella lights ...and a WORTHLESS AirRaid CAI.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #7
Croce
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
Still under warranty?

How long are they covered under warranty? Only have 4k miles now but i have the "Added Care Plus" extended lifetime contact and wonder if those are included under the extended coverage
[CENTER][B][COLOR="black"]2009 Jeep JK Sahara Unlimited[/COLOR][/B] | Smittybilt XRC Rock Guards | Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper | Rockcrusher Front D30 Diff Cover | KC Hilities Daylighters | Rancho Oil Pan Cover | BMD Evap Skid | AEV Snorkel [/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Mirror Flip | Daystar dash | Painted Sahara Rims | Seat mounted Mag-lites | Gutter Grill inserts | Smittybilt Seat covers | Vent Mirrors | Spray Can-Bed Liner and Interior Paint [/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/"][COLOR="yellow"]Jeep Owners Manual[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Any fool can know. The point is to understand- Einstein[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
kudah

not absolutely sure, but I doubt any extended warranty on the fabric. Under basic warranty we are supposed to do a test clean on the seat and if we can't get it clean then replace the fabric.
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Two dogs and really don't have a problem. I clean them and when they dry you can't tell where the spot was.
muttytruckster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.