No doors, mirror relocation - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > No doors, mirror relocation

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #31
rpost215

If you wait 1 week, I'll give you a full hands on review as mine will be here in a few days...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

rpost215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:12 AM   #32
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

I can definitely do that as I am in the middle if winterizing everything. Won't need them till next spring.
Gane35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:27 AM   #33
wingit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy18 View Post
I think it works well. I have a hardtop and a 5 year old so I run with the front doors off with rear doors and hardtop on a lot. It's hard to see when changing lanes and these help a lot. I had the RR relo brackets on my old 2 dr JK and they sucked. I couldn't see crap outta the passenger side mirror at all. These stick on mirrors work well and I'm legal in FL. It's also less of a hassle when I pull the doors. Nothing else to install or forget to install. If they fall off, I'll get new ones. Have to admit tho, I do keep the vents angled so if they do fall off, they don't fall inside the vent when I'm parked fully enclosed and it gets hot.
Sales MGR told me that even if they do fall off when you spin them they will spin out. I usually turn mine around to not see them when I have the doors on. Just in case I didn't like them I used that won't take paint off you walls 3M command. Figure it is supposed to hold 3 pds so a little mirror will never fall off yet if I take it off no marks. Extra benefit to it it was narrower than the stickey that came on the mirror.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/wingit/wrangler][IMG]http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/204189.png[/IMG][/URL]
wingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #34
83heritage
2008 JK Wrangler 

I bought a set of these, and am really happy with them. I got a really good deal on a factory take off mirror from ebay. For now I only use the driver side, until I can find another good deal on a passenger mirror.

http://www.dietechoffroad.com/produc...rorbracket.htm
83heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:39 PM   #35
Spook45
2008 JK Wrangler 

I like Rugged Ridge Safari Mirrors or anything simelar. Simple, street leagal and quick, They do cost around $50 a set but ive had mine for about five years and had no breakage or other issues, they still work and look great. And if a fellow Jeeper needs em your not using them, they will fit any Jeep.
Spook45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 02:21 AM   #36
SWilliams
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have the rugged ridge and love them I leave the brackets on and just remove the mirrors when the doors are on.
SWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #37
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gane35 View Post
Hey members!

Just wanted to get everyone's advice on what we all use for or mirrors when the doors are off.

I'm looking for something that's more of a permanent move the mirrors off the doors to te body somewhere and never worry about taking them on and off with te doors. Does something like this exist that's actually functional?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Sorry about spelling. Off my iPhone
These Rough Trail Mirror Movers are a nice product. They include the hardware you need as well as the block off plates for a clean install. They are also fairly priced. PM me for an additional discount if you decide to go with a set of these!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.