No doors, mirror relocation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > No doors, mirror relocation

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-18-2013, 02:50 AM   #1
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

No doors, mirror relocation

Hey members!

Just wanted to get everyone's advice on what we all use for or mirrors when the doors are off.

I'm looking for something that's more of a permanent move the mirrors off the doors to te body somewhere and never worry about taking them on and off with te doors. Does something like this exist that's actually functional?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Sorry about spelling. Off my iPhone

Gane35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

$3.49 for the pair at autozone and work surprisingly well.

image-2737397583.jpg

image-3742568819.jpg

image-3090470331.jpg
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

I like that.. It's sleek. But I don't see that as being street legal...
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gane35 View Post
In some states its not - viewable distance is limited. Also I do sometimes use the AC (even with doors off - when it 105 outside even a cool breeze helps - lol). Plus the adhesive on the vent diverter will harden and eventually the mirror will come loose (plastics constantly evaporate petrols from the polymers) leaving a dirty messy collection on the vent diverter. I looked at this as an option but talked myself out of it...

I used a wide on the passenger side and regular on drivers - but made a wedge base and stuck it to the A pillar inside trim. Wasn't real happy with the size and trying to find "clearance" to merge lanes while driving. Worked good on trail though as I had a good sight of rear tire approach to rocks.

I ended up with the rugged ridge mirrors that mount to two of the screws on the windshield hinge brace - I just take em off (leaving the brackets) when doors go on... I replaced the passenger side mirror blank with a minor convex I found in a truck parts store (a major convex reduces too much distance).
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

I bought these, but I think the price has gone up. I only used the driver's side because the "new" location for the passenger mirror actually moves it behind the A-pillar so you can't see it if the door's on. I'd rather have that mirror when the door is on...if the door's off then so's the top and I've got no blind spot looking over my shoulder so I don't need it. Legally I only need one external mirror so it works.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio View Post
I bought these, but I think the price has gone up. I only used the driver's side because the "new" location for the passenger mirror actually moves it behind the A-pillar so you can't see it if the door's on. I'd rather have that mirror when the door is on...if the door's off then so's the top and I've got no blind spot looking over my shoulder so I don't need it. Legally I only need one external mirror so it works.
Those are cool - but defeat power mirrors as my Rubi has - which is why I went away from the simple relocates (and not too big a fan of the butt plug in the door afterwards - lol). But i see these also protect from idiot dimples - letting the door swing too far open...
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

I made some homemade brackets and mounted some motorcycle mirrors on them.

SoCal_HEMIHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gane35 View Post
Perhaps not but, it does have Plausible Deniability.

I looked at that idea years ago and went with this. Home made and trail rated. Side mirrors just get ripped off in the end.\

Since these pics I added a bracket right behind them, to tune the view. By law it states here that you need too see I believe 100'. Never had ticket from Utah to Cali and Az. Many cops have looked but, they do work.

This mod way add 1mpg with less wind friction
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
irishluck
2013 JK Wrangler 

psh who uses mirrors these days!

Well I kinda do....

I just made my own brackets that uses the oem mirrors. Just got to take them off the door and bolt it on the bracket.
irishluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
Those are cool - but defeat power mirrors as my Rubi has - which is why I went away from the simple relocates (and not too big a fan of the butt plug in the door afterwards - lol). But i see these also protect from idiot dimples - letting the door swing too far open...
If I were to do it over again I'd probably buy the cheap motorcycle generic mirrors and stick them in the empty hinges. Who needs power mirrors when it's right there?
Utah Jeep Crew #148
Unread 09-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
vacman11
2013 JK Wrangler 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 i bought these today 31 dollars
vacman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #12
BD_Saint

image-251142735.jpg

image-971221483.jpg

Harley take offs in the hinge work great.
BD_Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacman11 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's just the round plate to fill in the old mirror location. The description didn't mention anything about the brackets, so I looked up the part number on quadratec and for parts included it lists only the plates.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
Unread 09-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #14
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm kind if leaning towards te rugged ridge because I think it has the best look to it.
I guess I just want a bracket that keeps the factory mirrors and just relocates them to te body. The catch I've been reading is they become almost useless once the doors are back on.

And I contemplate the motorcycle mirror, actually bought one. But it just looks to goofy to me.
Unread 09-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #15
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

The other thing to think about is functionality. I have the Body Armor doors, so I went with the mirrors that attach to said safari doors. Well, the mirrors are terrible in terms of image quality (reflections look warped), but they do look good (IMO) and make me street legal.

Maybe there are some good looking mirrors that also have good functionality, but I didn't come across any at the last Jeep/Truck Fest. It was either the Body Armor and Rugged Ridge that look good or mirrors that provide a good reflection, but look undersized, weird shaped, or just flat-out goofy.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.