NO Diesel JK????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > NO Diesel JK?????

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 06-05-2006, 09:08 AM   #1
silver_2000_TJ

NO Diesel JK?????

Check this out!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060605/...NqBHNlYwM3NDk-

**** MORE TO COME ****[/B][/COLOR]
silver_2000_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
SirGCal

@#$% @#$P(*! Another reason to hate some insane government standards... Damn I wanted a Diesel 4-door Unlimited! /cry

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
Ghostjacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
For 2007, the Toledo, Ohio-built SUV will be available only with a gasoline engine. However, Gutierrez said, "We are still committed to diesel technology."

Chrysler Group President and Chief Executive Tom LaSorda introduced the diesel-powered 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee during last week's Detroit Regional Chamber Mackinac Policy Conference on Mackinac Island. The company also will offer a 2007 Grand Cherokee with a 4.7-liter V-8 engine capable of running on E85 ethanol, a blend of 85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gasoline.
sounds to me like there's still some hope, just not with the Liberty
Unread 06-05-2006, 11:49 AM   #4
pbrutsch

Of course there'll be a diesel... everywhere but the USA!

But... we already knew that there wouldn't be any 2007 diesels smaller than a 3/4 ton truck. DCX uses their BLUETEC exhaust treatment system in MB vehicles in Europe, and apparently the CRD WK will as well. Hrm... MB exhaust treatment, MB diesel V6, anyone see a pattern?

This might be a sign that DCX's BLUETEC is too expensive to put it in "low-end" stuff like the KJ or JK, or that they have integration issues with the non-MB diesels DCX will be using in the cheaper vehicles

If we see a diesel in the JK it won't be until the 2008 MY.

Read past threads on the JK, it's been hashed over again... and again... and again...

Last edited by pbrutsch; 06-05-2006 at 12:43 PM..
pbrutsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #5
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I now highly doubt the US will ever see a diesel JK. During initial engineering Jeep built it for, and tested the 2.8 CRD, and 3.8 V6. They had to know that the 2.8 CRD would not pass 2007 emissions. While Europe will see the 2.8 CRD, if Jeep ever intended the US to see a diesel JK they would have used the 3.0 Bluetec from launch, and used it in Europe. However I do believe there is still hope for the 4.7 V8, and 5.7 Hemi. Plus we’ll have to see how difficult it will be swapping a 3.0 Bluetec into a JK; maybe the aftermarket will jump on this opportunity. Of course this is all speculation.
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat
kenskis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2006, 12:44 PM   #6
joksjeep

o man a diesel 4x4 for these would be siiiick
joksjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2006, 10:24 AM   #7
4.0v8eater

yeah forget a hemi thats gay

Just give us a 4cyl diesel crd engine screw the regulations for 2007, jeeps been making products people want. Wrangler with small 4cyl diesel and 6 speed tranny is better than cool.
4.0v8eater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.