No 4low ...fixed! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > No 4low ...fixed!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-11-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

No 4low ...fixed!

The other day while off-roading I needed to use 4low to get out of a desert wash. It was no big deal, just too soft without using low. When I went to engage low it wouldnít go. After several attempts I gave up. It worked fine earlier in the day. Anyway, to make a long story short, it turned out to be a small rock that had jammed itself between the shift fork and case. The only way I found it was using a telescoping mirror. I also noticed that the cable end was missing the clip to hold it on. Iím not sure how long itís been that way because it just seems to float on it. Other than the rock, has anyone ever lost the clip to the cable end?

Unread 08-11-2009, 04:02 AM   #2
LHS-Cowboy
DETN8R

2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow, good eye.

Installed:
R.E. Modified 3.5 Super Flex Kit to 4+/Ft. & Rr. U-joint driveshafts/Full Traction Rear Adj. Trackbar/Custom Ft. Heim Joint Adj. Trackbar/Rancho 9000XL shocks/Yukon 4.88 Gears & Superior Rear Axle Shafts/37" Pitt Bull Rockers on Custom Allied Beadlocks/Poly Perf. Rock Sliders/Shrockworks Mid Ft. & Rear Bumper/Custom Trans. Crossmember and Skid/Custom High Steer with PSC Hydro Assist/Plumbed Warn PowerPlant HP/Cobra 75 WS XT C.B./Bully Dog Programmer/Custom Exhaust/Dual Optimas/48" X-treme Hi-Lift Jack on Custom Rear Swing Away Carrier/...

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[
OlllllllO]
( )_) ( )_)--)_)
LHS-Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.