Nitto Trail Grapplers MT 35x12.50x17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Nitto Trail Grapplers MT 35x12.50x17

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW ZJ Grand Cherokee Tube DoorsGibson WK HEMI 3" Catback - 5 Day Special!

Unread 03-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
jsdjr53

Nitto Trail Grapplers MT 35x12.50x17 (too heavy?)

Newb here....just got a 2015 JKHR. I'm going to put a 2.5" short arm lift on it. I'm also looking at Nitto Trailer Grapplers MT 35x12.50x17. I see that they weigh in at 80lbs. each and with the wheel it will be a little over 100lbs.
This seems like a lot of weight per tire for the Jeep. I know it's a durable vehicle but I worry about that much weight. I don't plan on regearing.
So I was looking for anyone running these tires and 4.10 gears....wanting some input on power loss, loss of acceleration, etc....I plan on doing some wheeling in Colorado and Moab. Also wanting to know what long term (or short term) problems I am looking at running a tire this heavy?
Actually input from anyone running any tire this heavy with 4.10 gears would be a great help.

Last edited by jsdjr53; 03-09-2015 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: inaccurate description
jsdjr53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
medijeep

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm running a JKR as my daily driver with the 4.10's and 315/70/17's Trail Grapplers and the auto trans during the summer months, and the stock 255/75/17's during the winter. I can feel no real difference in power and less than a mpg difference in gas mileage. In 4-lo the gearing is low enough to crawl steep descents, I expect it would be with a standard as well.
And I'm loving the Trail Grapplers. They will likely become the next tires for my TJ as well since they ride great on the road and off.
medijeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2015, 07:36 PM   #3
christensent
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm at 115 pound whee/tire combo in 35" and I had bad wobbles over bumps that sometimes went into oscillation in my 2014 2-door. Upgraded track bar to the teraflex Monster and it made it a lot better but it still does wobble a good bit.
christensent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.