Next stage in build, 40s on a 3" OME LT lift, 1" BL, & flat flares - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Next stage in build, 40s on a 3" OME LT lift, 1" BL, & flat flares

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 08-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #76
planman
Thanks to all Mod erators

2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys.

I will do some updates. I've made some changes during the last year.

Regarding balancing 40s. The Xterrains and Walker Evans beadlocks didn't require much weight. So, when I swapped the tires over to ATX Slab beadlocks with a 5x5.5" bolt pattern to run on my Dana 60s, I didn't have them balanced. Between 72-75 mph is when I start to notice that they are not balanced. For me, that is fine. When I go very long distances, I trailer it anyway.

Now, on a less expensive wheel, no balancing could be a bigger problem. Also, other tire brands sometimes require more weight. I don't think a Super Swamper or Goodyear MTR 40" tire on a steel wheel would be smooth at 70 mph with no balancing.

planman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:55 PM   #77
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

ok thanks. i was just wondering bc ive heard diffrent things on larger tires like that.
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
40" tires , JK Wrangler , lift , minimum lift , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.