Newbie Wrangler owner questions about hard top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Newbie Wrangler owner questions about hard top

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 08-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
DaveTheDog
2013 JK Wrangler 

Newbie Wrangler owner questions about hard top

Hi there ~

I got my 1st wrangler in Feb 2013 with the dual top option. (I live in Minnesota). So, I got the hard top off, and figured out how to put the soft top on (it came rolled up in the jeep under the hard top).

Now, I'll be putting the hard top back on for winter...

What do I do with the soft top? Do I have to take it and all the hardware off to put the hard top back on? Or since it was under the hard top to begin with - I just have to make sure none of the soft top is pinched when I put the hard top back on??

Thanks!
April

DaveTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
panthermark
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hi April
With the exceptions of the brackets on the roll bar, you need to remove everything. Do not store your soft top under your hard top....it was only like that originally for shipping.

I see why I'm a loner....and I love it!
panthermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Like panther said you've got to pull it off. should have been some stickers on it that said it was only in there for transport and that you should not drive it with both tops on.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
AEVBrute

Buy yourself an early Holiday gift.. The pic below is of the quick releases that they sell at many places, I use quadratec because they tend to keep the popular stuff in inventory, Once installed (takes a few minutes) the soft top can be removed from the Jeep completely and left in the garage or house until needed. While you are at it, if you would like another gift that really goes hand in hand, buy yourself the thumb screw type hard top hardware so it will be just as easy to de or reinstall the soft or hard top.

The folding the top and making it nicely fit is almost impossible. The cold makes the top bridle and when they are folded there leaves more room for problems. Not to mention cold tops shrink and are ot fun to get back on.
86562-add1-lg-1-.jpg

1517-md-1-.jpg

AEVBrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #5
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

the new soft tops with spring assist are different, double check that they will work.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

The Supertop NX has the spring assist and the quick-release frame ends. As long as they work with the OEM top, I'd make that my recommendation for first mod no question.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.