New Rubicon 2013 questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New Rubicon 2013 questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 04-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
desertriding
2013 JK Wrangler 

New Rubicon 2013 questions

Sold my well outfitted 04 Wrangler and buying a 2013 JK Rubicon 2 dr HT.
My questions are: Desiring a 2-2.5" (hopefully inexpensive) lift without causing driveline problems what is reccommendations? Also would like to got to at least 33's, do I really need wheel spacers to accomodate? Will I need any body lift? Will it be necessary? Will the factory rock sliders actually prevent damage to the rocker panels? Will the new factory front bumper accomodate a winch.....will removing the rubber side pieces help with articulation ? Will stay on clubs runs (Bullhead City 4 Wheelers) rated 3 to 3.5 hopefully preventing any body damage, except desert pin striping at least until broken in.....Anything else you care to recommend will be appreciated

desertriding is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was just at the dealer Saturday looking at an 2013 and they have lift packages the 2.5 inch bds was 2700 for lift 33inch tires and wheels I priced it up its high if you can do it yourself and shop deals but if you want done when you buy and warranty from factory it's not to bad , they told me aftermarket lifts void the warranty of course they don't always tell you the truth either
insaneinline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertriding View Post
Sold my well outfitted 04 Wrangler and buying a 2013 JK Rubicon 2 dr HT.
My questions are: Desiring a 2-2.5" (hopefully inexpensive) lift without causing driveline problems what is reccommendations? Also would like to got to at least 33's, do I really need wheel spacers to accomodate? Will I need any body lift? Will it be necessary? Will the factory rock sliders actually prevent damage to the rocker panels? Will the new factory front bumper accomodate a winch.....will removing the rubber side pieces help with articulation ? Will stay on clubs runs (Bullhead City 4 Wheelers) rated 3 to 3.5 hopefully preventing any body damage, except desert pin striping at least until broken in.....Anything else you care to recommend will be appreciated
Teraflex 2.5" budget boost, Duratrac 315/75R17 tires, if on stock rims get Spidertrax 1.75" spacers, no body lift. Factory rock sliders are somewhat functional but you can always upgrade to something better if going hardcore. No winch in the stock bumper without modifications unless you got the 10th anniversary Rubi.
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneinline View Post
they told me aftermarket lifts void the warranty
They lied to you, they want you to pay them for them to do it so they make money. A lift can void the warranty on a specific part if that part broke because of the lift. But it can't void protection on the entire vehicle.
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
desertriding
2013 JK Wrangler 

Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Teraflex 2.5" budget boost, Duratrac 315/75R17 tires, if on stock rims get Spidertrax 1.75" spacers, no body lift. Factory rock sliders are somewhat functional but you can always upgrade to something better if going hardcore. No winch in the stock bumper without modifications unless you got the 10th anniversary Rubi.
THANKS...Will those tires etc have an effect on the anti lock brake system?
Any driveline worries? Front driveline requiring a new driveline? Ant transfer cs relocation brackets? Any other req'd changes to accomodate?
Unread 04-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
THANKS...Will those tires etc have an effect on the anti lock brake system?
Any driveline worries? Front driveline requiring a new driveline? Ant transfer cs relocation brackets? Any other req'd changes to accomodate?
I forgot to add, you'll want to get an AEV ProCal to recalibrate the computer for the new tire size. You'll have no worries with anything computer controlled then, and also the shift points if you have an auto.

You shouldn't have to worry about replacing anything in the driveline or lowering the TC as long as you stick to that 2"-2.5" as your max lift. Once you go to 3" then you start to get into the additional stuff, and then it becomes more costly.
Unread 04-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #7
desertriding
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I forgot to add, you'll want to get an AEV ProCal to recalibrate the computer for the new tire size. You'll have no worries with anything computer controlled then, and also the shift points if you have an auto.

You shouldn't have to worry about replacing anything in the driveline or lowering the TC as long as you stick to that 2"-2.5" as your max lift. Once you go to 3" then you start to get into the additional stuff, and then it becomes more costly.
Thanks for all your help....will probably go that route as it becomes affordable.....appreciate it!
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
nitro237
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2013 Rubicon, I put a RE 2.5" lift kit, and Mickey Thompson 35's. The stock tires are a little over 32", so 33's might not be worth the extra bucks, that's why I went with 35s. I put Ace rock sliders on and left the factory sliders on as well. Not saying my setup is the best, just letting you know what will work.
nitro237 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
desertriding
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro237 View Post
I have a 2013 Rubicon, I put a RE 2.5" lift kit, and Mickey Thompson 35's. The stock tires are a little over 32", so 33's might not be worth the extra bucks, that's why I went with 35s. I put Ace rock sliders on and left the factory sliders on as well. Not saying my setup is the best, just letting you know what will work.
Thanks for the info.......appreciate it.
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #10
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Other than whats been said. My JKUR got dropped pretty hard onto a rock and a big crunch made me cringe. The good thing was the stock rock rail did its job with no real damage to the Jeep. I did upgrade to sliders that mounted to the body as well though for personal preference.
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
desertriding
2013 JK Wrangler 

THANKS..Your well equipted Rubicon I know will go anywhere you choose to take it.........hopefully I will not be tempted to go that far....light lift...33-35's winch....maybe new front bumper.......maybe a custom made set of sliders...who knows only $$$$ will determine the outcome. Thanks for the info.....
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
THANKS..Your well equipted Rubicon I know will go anywhere you choose to take it.........hopefully I will not be tempted to go that far....light lift...33-35's winch....maybe new front bumper.......maybe a custom made set of sliders...who knows only $$$$ will determine the outcome. Thanks for the info.....
No problem, thanks and your welcome. Just enjoy it. Get a feel for it before you start building it. Helped me make my choices. Also so much knowledge on here from alot of these guys that have been around Jeeps there whole lives.
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
AppleDevKevinG
2013 JK Wrangler 

I don't believe anybody mentioned this yet, but you can fit 33s on a stock JK, even 35s with proper bump stops. I have a Zone (sister company of bds) 3" lift on my JK and I am running 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers with no issues. If you do decide to make the jump to 35s you need to start looking at C-Gussets and front axle truss kits, I went with an Artec truss and c-gusset kit. My dad decided to go with a 2" spacer lift on his JK and is running my old rubi rims and wheels. You don't need wheel spacers, however you may have slight rubbing with the rear sway bar links, if so you can just mount the links on the inside of the mount. As far as the stock rails, they will work but I decided to go with ACE sliders, they allow you to reuse your factory rails. ACE makes great products and the fit and finish is industry leading. You can mount a winch upside down inside of the factory bumper. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message.

AppleDevKevinG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2013 rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.