New Rough Country 3.5" JK lift?? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New Rough Country 3.5" JK lift??

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #91
Jkm57
2010 JK Wrangler 

I bought some RK ones as of today. No idea how it will ride with them. But they are suppose to be stiff.

Jkm57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #92
Stag
2008 JK Wrangler 

I also purchased the RC 3.5" II. I'm just waiting for my wheels and tires to come in. I hope to have everything installed by the end of next week.

I did a lot of research on this kit. Yes, the kit is not the top of the line. For how I use my jeep this kit should be fine. I did find it interesting that this forum is really negative about RC and other forum are not.
Stag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #93
Jkm57
2010 JK Wrangler 

I liked my kit just after a while I guess I didnt install my front bracket correctly so my axle wasn't aligned so my tires wore funny. But it's a nice kit I just dont like how it leaned. That's y the rk
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #94
Stag
2008 JK Wrangler 

I got the the RC 3.5" II lift on. It is been on for a week and have no complaints as of yet. Here it is with Pro Comps 1069s (16X10) and Pro Comps AT 315/75/R16.

Stag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #95
Heavyc69
2010 JK Wrangler 

Ive had the rough country 3.5 on for a year and a half, im not very satisfied with the lift, i get death wobble, very loose steering (i know that when you lift a vehicle you will experience this but this one is bad to the point that sometimes your all over the road). the first 8 months the kit was fine aside from the loose steering, I retorqued the bolts when i was supposed to, but i started to experience death wobble and i have to constantly check the bolts on the control arms. Im looking at skyjacker to replace this kit.

also i have noticed that the company has added more parts to the kit showing that they dont road test their products very well
Heavyc69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #96
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Installed another one of these kits today. Same kit as the first one I installed. What parts are you referring to Heavyc69?

The RC kit did not cause your death wobble. Swapping to an inferior Skyjacker kit is not going to fix your problem any more than a kit from any other brand.

TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #97
Heavyc69
2010 JK Wrangler 

track bar bracket, coil shims, coil angle correction brackets, probably other things, when i got the kit i checked everything against the list of parts, these were not part of the kit or options,

the rc kit seems to have been thrown together and fixed when people complain, if the suspension geometry is off it will cause a wobble, i dont know if the things that are not included with my kit would correct this or not.

the reason i am looking at skyjacker is they have a good reputation and that normally comes from putting out a full kit that has been tested both on and off road
Heavyc69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #98
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Installed another one. On 35z12.50r18 Nitto Trail Grapplers

TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #99
Serg5000
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have an RC 3.25" lift I installed almost 3 years ago. I have done lots of desert wheeling as well as out in the mountains. This past June I did the Rubicon trail. I have to tell you. The RC lift performed great. Remember it is going on 3 years old and even then it performed very well. The lift was one of the better investment I have done since buying my JK. Could I blow a bunch of money on a higher end lift? Sure can. RC has not let me down at all.

My son purchased his Jk about 4 months ago. He has been looking into lifts for weeks now. He is on a fixed income so cost is a big issue.
I mentioned RC to him a d after reading up. He decided to get the RC 3.5". It comes with their new N2.0 shocks.

This Saturday we installed his lift. He ended up with 4.5" inches of lift.
We hit the freeway, streets, and dirt. My opinion is that this lift is great. It rides very well. It rides smoother than mine ever did. I am even considering getting this lift for myself. In the months to come, I will keep updating this thread. This way we can have some feedback from actual owners of the RC lifts at the low cost that they Are. If anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Serg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #100
Serg5000
2008 JK Wrangler 

I forgot to mention. The before and after measurement show he ended up with a total of 4" of lift. The rear is more like 4 1/2". Here are some before and after pics.
image-38550056.jpg   image-91062519.jpg  
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #101
badgerking
2008 JK Wrangler 

I was originally a proponent of this lift but now, having run it and replaced almost every part of it, I would say that if you are actually planning to offroad your Jeep, get something else. The RC coils had to be replaced this year, I went with OME coils, and I had to replace the shocks last year, where I put on Bilsteins. The only thing left on my Jeep from this kit are the front lower control arms. Again, YMMV but if it were my money, I'd save it a little bit longer.
badgerking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #102
Serg5000
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerking
I was originally a proponent of this lift but now, having run it and replaced almost every part of it, I would say that if you are actually planning to offroad your Jeep, get something else. The RC coils had to be replaced this year, I went with OME coils, and I had to replace the shocks last year, where I put on Bilsteins. The only thing left on my Jeep from this kit are the front lower control arms. Again, YMMV but if it were my money, I'd save it a little bit longer.
How long was this lift on your jeep before you started replacing parts?
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #103
badgerking
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg5000 View Post
How long was this lift on your jeep before you started replacing parts?
About a year after putting it on. The first components to go were the shocks. I called RC to get replacements shocks from them, not as freebies but to just purchase new ones, and they were not helpful in the slightest; probably thought I was calling to complain.

I went with Bilsteins because no one would call me back and I could not get a straight answer from them.

I did the same with the coils. I now have new Old Man Emu springs sitting in the garage waiting for me to get them installed.

If I add up the original cost of the RC lift, and then the parts I have replaced along the way, I would have been money ahead to save a little longer. I have easily got enough in the suspension as it sits, to have just went with something like Rock Krawler's JK 2.5 Max Travel setup.
badgerking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #104
Jkm57
2010 JK Wrangler 

Since I had mine. Not even a year I replaced
1. RK Coils
2. Front track bar bracket with JKS track bar
3. Control arms back to stock with AEV geometry brackets
About to purchase a high steer kit to get rid of the drop pitman arm.
Unread 10-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #105
Macknjack

I have two jeeps. Both have rough country lifts. Both are great. I have a 4.5" kit on my xj and 3" pieced together on the jk. My xj needed adjustable arms to fix the caster/ pinion angle. The only complaints of the jk lift is that it needs longer brake lines. The brackets don't cut it.

I don't have a big baller budget with big price tag parts. RC gets the job done!
Macknjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
3 1/2" lift , JK Wrangler , questions , reviews , rough country , rough country lift , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.