New Rough Country 3.5" JK lift?? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New Rough Country 3.5" JK lift??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #76
beachrusso
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have the RC 3.5 stage II lift kit on my 2010 Rubi unlimited. I had some issues with it right after install but I called RC and they were all over it. They shipped me new springs and that fixed my issues. I also added the dual steering stabilizer from RC and really like the way mine rides. I am running 20 inch wheels with a 35" tire and have no issues. I am adding a 1.25 RC bl in a few weeks as well. No complaints for what you get from RC for the money!

l/-\l-_l_/ --*OllllllO*-
\__/ - \____H ___H
(O)__) (O)__)---o-)__)
beachrusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #77
AlanZ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Anyone else have experience with this lift. It sure is nice to call a company and talk to an American for once.
just wondering if it'll make my 33's on my unlimited look small. Hmm.
Probably gonna pull the trigger on this lift this week.
AlanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #78
beachrusso
2010 JK Wrangler 

im running 35's with 20" wheels and I think it looks good but i think 33's would look ok as well
l/-\l-_l_/ --*OllllllO*-
\__/ - \____H ___H
(O)__) (O)__)---o-)__)
beachrusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #79
07BlackOps
2007 JK Wrangler 

Im going to be installing the new Rough Country Stage II 3.5" lift this weekend. Ill be doing a thorough write up about the install. There will be plenty of pictures and ill get pre and post clearance and lift measurements. Ive see about 10 of these lifts and the new shocks not the 2.2 shocks have been getting tons of positive reviews. And for the price point and the warranty you can never go wrong!!!! Watch the forums on saturday evening or sunday morning the write up will be there!!!!!
07BlackOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #80
ALKNOPE
2011 JK Wrangler 

Can't wait ^^^
ALKNOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #81
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALKNOPE View Post
Can't wait ^^^
Here is his up-date > http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/ge...-jeep-1264082/

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #82
ALKNOPE
2011 JK Wrangler 

THANKS LOL
ALKNOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2011, 06:18 AM   #83
Dudefromri
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I've had mine on since April, and about 9k miles. Towed a 2500lb boat several times and load it up to go camping often. Still rides great and absolutely no sagging to date. I love it!
1992 XJ LAREDO (SOLD)
1991 YJ (SOLD)
Dudefromri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #84
UncieB

I have the RC track bar with brace and dual steering stabilizer. I have blown a bushing on the track bar and had to replace it the second trip out wheeling. Removed the RC brace, too much bump steer for my 3” lift. Returned it back to stock level and bump steer went away. The RC dual steering stabilizer shocks were hitting my tie rod at full steering and I have removed it and went to a flip shock kit. All and all I wished I would have saved a little more money and bought other parts. Just my 2 cents...
UncieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #85
Stag
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ok, lets get this thread back to life. Rough Country did a lot of R&D in developing the RCX 3.5" Series II kit. Now that it has been a few years I would like to hear some feedback from those who posted early about this kit. What I got from this thread is that the kit is worth it but needs extend brake lines. Other forums seem to more positive about RC products than this forum.

Sooooo... let here from everyone who actually used or has been around this kit and can provide first hand experience.

Thanks!!!
Stag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #86
WheelinWV
2010 JK Wrangler 

The shocks are pretty bad and didn't last long. I am currently doing a coilover setup instead. The shocks are all blown but the springs havent sagged that I can tell. My favorite RC product to date is the discos, I have cut them and made them work for my AEV high steer and haven't had any issue with them, outside of those..I'm ready to move on from the 3.5" II kit.

While owning the 3.5" II, I added Rock Krawler front lower adj arms, RK 3 link rear, Crown extended brake lines, RK coil correction wedges, stopped using their drop pitman arm, track bar brackets...etc... to make it more tolerable.

2010 JK Mango Tango 2dr
WheelinWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #87
EdStone
2010 JK Wrangler 

If I'm going to be purchasing the 3.5" II is there anything I should definitely get along with it?
EdStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #88
badgerking
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have since added front and rear adjustable track bars. Rear from JKS and front from Rock Solid Performance, along with the sector shaft brace. I didn't like the track bar brackets which is why I added the adjustable track bars. I also was able to remove the drop pitman arm with the front adjustable, which improved steering feel considerably.

If I were to do it again, I probably would do something different.
badgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #89
Jkm57
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have the same lift on mine. I have replaced the front trac bar with jks and I ordered different coils. I didn't like how soft the ride was.
Jkm57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #90
badgerking
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkm57 View Post
I have the same lift on mine. I have replaced the front trac bar with jks and I ordered different coils. I didn't like how soft the ride was.
Whose coils did you order to replace them with?
badgerking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3 1/2" lift , JK Wrangler , questions , reviews , rough country , rough country lift , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.