New Rough Country 3.5" JK lift?? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New Rough Country 3.5" JK lift??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #61
herculz
2010 JK Wrangler 

Question, since i don;t do much of the wrenching, i usually just take to a mech and have him install it. i purchsaed the 4" x series lift for my tj a few years ago, did great but with that lift i bought the mm lift, body lift, sye, and cv drive line. Now if i go with this lift on my 2010 Unlimited Rubi am i going to need to get all that stuff for this lift as well?

herculz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #62
JUPITERSAHARA
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculz View Post
Question, since i don;t do much of the wrenching, i usually just take to a mech and have him install it. i purchsaed the 4" x series lift for my tj a few years ago, did great but with that lift i bought the mm lift, body lift, sye, and cv drive line. Now if i go with this lift on my 2010 Unlimited Rubi am i going to need to get all that stuff for this lift as well?
You will not need the mm, body lift, or sye. If you max out your droop you may need a new "skinny" drive shaft or you may rip the factory drive shaft boot. It's more likely to happen on a 2door automatic than a 4 door or manual tranny....
4 speed Automatic
Stock....for now!!!
JUPITERSAHARA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #63
JUPITERSAHARA
2010 JK Wrangler 

OK, it's time for more feedback from those that have actually bought and used the RCX 3.5" Series II kit. How satisfied are you with the performance both on and off the road??
4 speed Automatic
Stock....for now!!!
JUPITERSAHARA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #64
Heavyc69
2010 JK Wrangler 

I put one on my JK in january, no issues on road, havent experienced any death wobble and have driven alot of highway miles since then. wont know much about offroad till this summer, does have some nice flex, ive been driving on top of snow piles alot. in all, I like it, it was easy to install, the only problem I had was I didint check the springs when I got the kit and had the front end pulled apart when i realized they sent 3 rear springs. the only issue i have is the brake line brackets, I have to get longer brakelines.
Heavyc69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #65
Dudefromri
2001 XJ Cherokee 

As Heavyc69 said above, it's not bad so far. I've done about 500 miles Highway since I put it on last week, not a chance off road yet. It rides smoother than stock, but it does need longer brake lines.
1992 XJ LAREDO (SOLD)
1991 YJ (SOLD)
Dudefromri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #66
tnparrothead

I have the lift installed. I haven't got my tires yet. The install was fairly simple. It took me and a friend around 5 hours in my driveway with hand tools and a floor jack. I took it offroad last weekend and had no problems. I would recommend getting some quick disconnects for the sway bar though and longer brake lines. I do have some drift in the steering. I am looking into an adjustable track bar. The ride isn't any harsher than stock but I am still running the stock tires so that does make a difference. My girlfriend bought me this lift for Christmas so I can't really complain. She likes it so much we are looking at getting her a JK of her own. I told her she can have my YJ but she doesn't like all the rust.
200343_192549077452800_100000931286253_463177_696152_n.jpg  
tnparrothead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #67
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I instlalled the 3.5" kit on a customer's 2008 JK today. The install went smooth as they usually do with RC kits. I didn't take premeasurements, but it appears he got more than 3.5" of lift out of this kit.
The trackbar brackets are well designed and quite beefy. After a short spin post-install, the new 2.0 shocks are nice, but I did notice some body roll. It could just be the higher stance with smaller tires.

The new lower control arms are great. I would like to see RC using these clevite rubber bushings on all of their control arms. I think using these in this kit was a good idea on RC's part.

You really do need longer brake lines with a lift of this height on a JK. RC does what they can to keep costs low, and the brackets will work fine for the initial install, but I would suggest to anyone, to upgrade to a longer brake line.

TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #68
AlanZ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Anyone have this on an Unlimited X on 33's? I'm wondering how awkward it would look. You can beat the value of the parts included in this kit.

Although both my local 4X4 shop and an Unmentioned "WELL KNOWN" retailer hates these lifts for some reason...
AlanZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #69
fightingmajor
2014 WK 

That 3.5 lift on that jeep looks way more than that!
fightingmajor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #70
Dudefromri
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yea, I just installed the lift. The pictures above look like about 6" or so..
1992 XJ LAREDO (SOLD)
1991 YJ (SOLD)
Dudefromri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #71
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, way more than 3.5". I wish I had measurements.
He could fit 37s with as much lift as he got. He is getting 35s put on tomorrow b/c that is as big as he planned to go, but there is definitely room for 37s.
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #72
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

with the new wheels and 35" KM2s

he added the Mopar steps and rear Bestop tire carrier.
Unread 04-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #73
AlanZ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Please fix the dead links. Photobucket sucks. Ordering mine soon!
Unread 04-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #74
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Links fixed. PB is great. I just renamed the album and it messed up the links.

It's a sweet kit for the money.
Unread 05-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #75
AlanZ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Very good, sir. Looks great. I'm getting the kit with an adjustable trackbar kit and new steering stabilizer here next month. I can't wait. I just hope it doesn't make my 33's on my unlimited look small. Although I'm pretty sure I've got more weight so it won't lift it as much as that 2-door.

Tags
3 1/2" lift , JK Wrangler , questions , reviews , rough country , rough country lift , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.