New Rough Country 3.5" JK lift?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New Rough Country 3.5" JK lift??

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 08-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
JUPITERSAHARA
2010 JK Wrangler 

New Rough Country 3.5" JK lift??

Has anyone tried the new R/C 3.5" spring lift yet?? Coils are set to factory rates, 2.2 Performance Shocks, Control Arms, Links, Pitman arm and track bar brackets for $500.00...sounds pretty good!

4 speed Automatic
Stock....for now!!!
JUPITERSAHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
badgerking
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've got this lift at home in the garage waiting for me to install it... Probably get around to it midweek, will be sure to post pics once I'm done.
badgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
allibaster
2013 JK Wrangler 

I've been searching for a JK lift for a few days. I've been very surprised when comparing RC to the others. Their prices are significantly cheaper for similar builds. However, I've found a few threads regarding poor quality over extended use.
Unread 08-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
badgerking
2008 JK Wrangler 

I searched for over a month and i probably read the same negative reports as you. What i noticed was that there were a lot of repeated complaints, like "i heard..." or "this other person had problems" but limited numbers of people who had actually ran their lifts. I also checked other enthusiast forums and found that they are more popular there because they are not a jeep-only maker. RC gives a 60 day money back policy so if I don't like it I can always exercise the offer. I'm going to Colorado Sep 4th for a week and I'll have plenty of opportunity to test it out within the 60 days too.
badgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have the 4" lift rom RC... One of their earlier JK lifts that supposedly had bugs in it.... Other than a couple minor things, I have no problems with the lift and would recommend it to anyone.
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

RUBICAN EXPRESS is the best lift for the money... the Super Lift Rock Ready lift is great but pricey...
I did a ton of research before making my purchase... for a short arm lift, the RE is the best...
I even had some major input from the owners of MAX BILT and TREK OFFROAD ...
bajafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
CHIPMAKER
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajafanatic View Post
RUBICAN EXPRESS is the best lift for the money...

Why please? Ride, nice HW, durability, flex?

I will be in the market soon also...
CHIPMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #8
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIPMAKER View Post
Why please? Ride, nice HW, durability, flex?

I will be in the market soon also...
the ride is great... the install was not hard at all... flex is great, but you need to purchase the quick release links...
the 3.5 inch lift gave me around 4.25 inches...

The adjustable track bar really helps... you get new camber bolts for the lower control arms that come in real handy since you will need to add some camber to your front axle...
Unread 08-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #9
CHIPMAKER
2010 JK Wrangler 

I guess all we need now are pics...
CHIPMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #10
ribs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
RUBICAN EXPRESS is the best lift for the money... the Super Lift Rock Ready lift is great but pricey...
I did a ton of research before making my purchase... for a short arm lift, the RE is the best...
I even had some major input from the owners of MAX BILT and TREK OFFROAD ...

Did you buy the lift yet? They have great products for the TJs but not to sure about the JKs as it doesn't seem like anyone runs there stuff for the JK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGrant View Post
...And no the truck dont give BJs but guess you are not married as wifes dont give them either. :rolleyes:
ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
JUPITERSAHARA
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
the ride is great... the install was not hard at all... flex is great, but you need to purchase the quick release links...
the 3.5 inch lift gave me around 4.25 inches...

The adjustable track bar really helps... you get new camber bolts for the lower control arms that come in real handy since you will need to add some camber to your front axle...
The R/C 3.5" lift includes new front lower control arms to retain the factory wheelbase in liu of using cam locks....
4 speed Automatic
Stock....for now!!!
JUPITERSAHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #12
allibaster
2013 JK Wrangler 

Coming from the XJ world, I thought RE would have the best lift for the JK, too, but I've read about a few bugs in my research. After reading hundreds of posts, it really sounds like AEV might provide the best JK lift for a short arm spring lift.... comes at a cost, though.
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #13
IrishLillard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by allibaster View Post
Coming from the XJ world, I thought RE would have the best lift for the JK, too, but I've read about a few bugs in my research. After reading hundreds of posts, it really sounds like AEV might provide the best JK lift for a short arm spring lift.... comes at a cost, though.
with my research RE is still the best and the warrenty is great... I'm thinking about having a friend return her RC kit and ordering RE...

Irish "Hookem"
IrishLillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #14
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

you can also go to Rusty's Off Road and look at the control arms they have that allow some major adjustment to put the alignment right where you want it...

My 3.5 RE lift with just a little tweaking on the camber and toe it really drives nice...
I have to thank Bob from TnT Customs for his advice on what the set up should be for the alignment... it worked perfectly...

the only thing i will say... make sure you pay attention to the fact that wheel spacers for stock rims, or new wheels with at least a 4 inch back space are REALLY NEEDED...
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #15
IrishLillard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

4" ? really

Irish "Hookem"
IrishLillard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3 1/2" lift , JK Wrangler , questions , reviews , rough country , rough country lift , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.