JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   New Rough Country 3.5" JK lift?? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/new-rough-country-3-5-jk-lift-1088352/)

JUPITERSAHARA 08-13-2010 12:38 PM

New Rough Country 3.5" JK lift??

Has anyone tried the new R/C 3.5" spring lift yet?? Coils are set to factory rates, 2.2 Performance Shocks, Control Arms, Links, Pitman arm and track bar brackets for $500.00...sounds pretty good!:thumbsup:

badgerking 08-14-2010 09:19 AM

I've got this lift at home in the garage waiting for me to install it... Probably get around to it midweek, will be sure to post pics once I'm done.

allibaster 08-14-2010 09:28 AM

I've been searching for a JK lift for a few days. I've been very surprised when comparing RC to the others. Their prices are significantly cheaper for similar builds. However, I've found a few threads regarding poor quality over extended use.

badgerking 08-14-2010 10:28 AM

I searched for over a month and i probably read the same negative reports as you. What i noticed was that there were a lot of repeated complaints, like "i heard..." or "this other person had problems" but limited numbers of people who had actually ran their lifts. I also checked other enthusiast forums and found that they are more popular there because they are not a jeep-only maker. RC gives a 60 day money back policy so if I don't like it I can always exercise the offer. I'm going to Colorado Sep 4th for a week and I'll have plenty of opportunity to test it out within the 60 days too.

MilitaryJK4455 08-14-2010 10:57 AM

I have the 4" lift rom RC... One of their earlier JK lifts that supposedly had bugs in it.... Other than a couple minor things, I have no problems with the lift and would recommend it to anyone.

bajafanatic 08-14-2010 02:58 PM

RUBICAN EXPRESS is the best lift for the money... the Super Lift Rock Ready lift is great but pricey...
I did a ton of research before making my purchase... for a short arm lift, the RE is the best...
I even had some major input from the owners of MAX BILT and TREK OFFROAD ...

CHIPMAKER 08-14-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajafanatic (Post 9958682)
RUBICAN EXPRESS is the best lift for the money...

Why please? Ride, nice HW, durability, flex?

I will be in the market soon also...

bajafanatic 08-14-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHIPMAKER (Post 9959940)
Why please? Ride, nice HW, durability, flex?

I will be in the market soon also...

the ride is great... the install was not hard at all... flex is great, but you need to purchase the quick release links...
the 3.5 inch lift gave me around 4.25 inches...

The adjustable track bar really helps... you get new camber bolts for the lower control arms that come in real handy since you will need to add some camber to your front axle...

CHIPMAKER 08-14-2010 10:47 PM

I guess all we need now are pics...

ribs 08-14-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajafanatic (Post 9958682)
RUBICAN EXPRESS is the best lift for the money... the Super Lift Rock Ready lift is great but pricey...
I did a ton of research before making my purchase... for a short arm lift, the RE is the best...
I even had some major input from the owners of MAX BILT and TREK OFFROAD ...

Did you buy the lift yet? They have great products for the TJs but not to sure about the JKs as it doesn't seem like anyone runs there stuff for the JK.

JUPITERSAHARA 08-15-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajafanatic (Post 9960151)
the ride is great... the install was not hard at all... flex is great, but you need to purchase the quick release links...
the 3.5 inch lift gave me around 4.25 inches...

The adjustable track bar really helps... you get new camber bolts for the lower control arms that come in real handy since you will need to add some camber to your front axle...

The R/C 3.5" lift includes new front lower control arms to retain the factory wheelbase in liu of using cam locks....

allibaster 08-15-2010 07:32 PM

Coming from the XJ world, I thought RE would have the best lift for the JK, too, but I've read about a few bugs in my research. After reading hundreds of posts, it really sounds like AEV might provide the best JK lift for a short arm spring lift.... comes at a cost, though.

IrishLillard 09-08-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allibaster (Post 9964230)
Coming from the XJ world, I thought RE would have the best lift for the JK, too, but I've read about a few bugs in my research. After reading hundreds of posts, it really sounds like AEV might provide the best JK lift for a short arm spring lift.... comes at a cost, though.

with my research RE is still the best and the warrenty is great... I'm thinking about having a friend return her RC kit and ordering RE...

bajafanatic 09-08-2010 09:15 PM

you can also go to Rusty's Off Road and look at the control arms they have that allow some major adjustment to put the alignment right where you want it...

My 3.5 RE lift with just a little tweaking on the camber and toe it really drives nice...
I have to thank Bob from TnT Customs for his advice on what the set up should be for the alignment... it worked perfectly...

the only thing i will say... make sure you pay attention to the fact that wheel spacers for stock rims, or new wheels with at least a 4 inch back space are REALLY NEEDED...

IrishLillard 09-08-2010 09:23 PM

4" ? really

The time now is 12:38 AM.