new member intro / questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > new member intro / questions

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
DRaGuT
2013 JK Wrangler 

new member intro / questions

Hi, I am from Turkey and been driving ( spending money on ) a 1977 CJ5 for 15 years now . I have finally decided to upgrade to Rubicon unlimited for both my daily needs and off-road needs.

For someone from states this may sound like a small step however in my country we have to pay over %120-130 tax for cars . In this case Rubicon costed a small fortune over 110 grand. So to make this bold decision I had to invest desire and love for the jeep, for a decade.
I am aware that minor and major disappointments awaits me and I want to get some heads up and prepare my guard. I will be using my Rubi majorly for daily on road drives ( family purpose) and 10% offroad. Which initial problems I must expect?
I understand that hard top insulation is an obvious problem which headliners would u recommend ? Rugged ridge / hothead / bestop .
Do I need a lift kit or ? Would standards satisfy light, medium offroad experience ?
Do lift kits effect on road ability dramatically ?
And finally what were the best and worst investments you have made for your jeep so far?

Thank you all

DRaGuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Hi and to the forum.

The Rubiconís are terrific vehicles straight out of the box as is and really need nothing more unless you youíre going to be doing some serious off roading, and even then it can still handle things pretty well. The only real problem you will have with the Unlimited is break-over clearance with the 32ís and no lift in some situations. Other than that itís a mountain goat. I would recommend that you leave it like it is for a while until you need to take the next level.

Iím not talking about adding things like rugged floor mats, door entry guards and whatnot but more along the lines of serious high dollar things like a lift, larger tires, bumpers, winch and the list goes on.

I have had Rubiconís exclusively ever since they first came out starting with the TJs and they have always been my daily drivers too (never leave home without it). I like the way it feels and drives no matter how far I go.

Although some have had problems with their hardtops I never have. As far as lift kits goes it depends on if you get a quality kit with all the required parts. Several ones fit that bill nicely. On road manners on said kits usually actually improve on road performance somewhat but at a slight (very slight) increase in harshness.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
DRaGuT
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thank you for detailed info. It really helped me. I was thinking the same thing, would keep my ride as stock for a while . And when I need to take it to next level I shall start with big modifications. I am thinking of starting with headliners and small accessories for make up, like snorkel, bumpers and etc... Tires is where I think I will have the biggest problem . I still haven't decided the optimum size and it sure does change the look and performance of the car . What is the biggest tires I can fit to stock Jk .
DRaGuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaGuT View Post
...What is the biggest tires I can fit to stock Jk .
Your welcome and as far as you tire question goes it would be best to first check out the sticky thread JK F.A.Q. - Frequently Asked Questions / Will It Rub and Links to Popular Threads!. It will answer your question and a whole lot more that you probably have. Of course feel free to check out the many threads here and ask away in them too.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.