New (to me) Rubi Unlimited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New (to me) Rubi Unlimited

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
slowpoke13
2008 JK Wrangler 

New (to me) Rubi Unlimited

Hello all,

Picked up an 08 yellow 6spd Rubi unlimited last week. Was looking new. But, found a deal on one that has a bunch of work already done to it. It was from a non-jeep dealer. So, I'm not sure of everything that was done. Here's what I know so far:

Skyjacker lift (think 3-4")
35" BFG Mud Terrains
17" Pro-Comp wheels
AEV hood
Fender Flares
MOPAR Cold Air Intake
MOPAR Front Bumper
MOPAR Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
Hard top
RER Radio w/ Nav and Sirius (I didn't sign up for the Sirius - Just still works)
Leather seats (didn't look for, but comfy)

She does well running around town and the little bit of off road I've been able to do (not much in my neighborhood). I understand with the 35s, the 4.10 gearing is better than the 3.73. But, 6th gear is still useless. From what I've read, I should look at 4.88s or 5.13s. I've seen them listed as "reverse" and "normal." Which do I need? Also, if I pick up a set, any other work I should have them do while down there? Either mechanical or cosmetic?

Also on the list is a winch (looking at the WARN winch/compressor combo), bikini top, exhaust, and either the MyGig Locksmith or Nav-TV to unlock the RER.

This is my 2nd jeep. 1st was a '61 Willy a dozen years ago when I was young. But, I didn't do anything to that in the short time I had her.

Last edited by slowpoke13; 07-09-2010 at 11:22 AM..
slowpoke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
Amesbear
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Pics or it didn't happen.
Amesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
slowpoke13
2008 JK Wrangler 

08 Rubi

Forgot to add - Fender flares.

1st Willy
slowpoke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Congratulations on the New Jeep
It sounds to be pretty well set-up!
For the gears you will need the "normal" set for the rear and the "reverse" set for the front.
It is highly adviseable that you let the shop the installs the gears purchase them as well! Most of the time they wont give you any guaranty if the don't supply the materials.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
BigMikeATL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on the new Jeep. Welcome to the Yellow Jeep club - the best color available.
BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Jeep.
The Warn PowerPlant wonít fit with the Mopar bumper without some modifications (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m...rplant-622618/).
The Warn 9.5ti is an excellent winch that would work. I had that on my last 2 Jeeps so thatís why I mentioned it. There are of course lots of others that work great too.
You should re-gear also. 4.10ís are great for 32-inch tires but not for 35ís.

JK Wrangler dash mount for Cellphones, GPS units, GoPro cameras, Spot devices etc.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jk , wrangler jk , rubicon , unlimited

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.