New to me JK - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New to me JK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #31
Waltjason
2011 JK Wrangler 

So next question. With the 2.5 inch metal cloak kit will I need new drive shafts. On my JKU I was able to go about a year on the front one and two years on the rear before it went out. Replaced with tom woods shafts. Or do I just do a slip yoke eliminator. Sorry about all the questions just use to the JKU

Waltjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #32
Jared89
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltjason View Post
So next question. With the 2.5 inch metal cloak kit will I need new drive shafts. On my JKU I was able to go about a year on the front one and two years on the rear before it went out. Replaced with tom woods shafts. Or do I just do a slip yoke eliminator. Sorry about all the questions just use to the JKU
I didn't think a 2.5" lift would do that in a year jk or jku. Been running mine for 2 year no issues.
Jared89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #33
Butterbuddha

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared89 View Post
I didn't think a 2.5" lift would do that in a year jk or jku. Been running mine for 2 year no issues.
His JKU had a 4" lift, which eventually will blow out your DS. On the other hand, you should be ok with a 2.5" lift. What can do is go with it, and wheel it a few times swaybar CONNECTED. Flex it out all the way and see how close your front driveshaft is to your transmission pan. If you have a mile to spare, disconnect. Your rear driveline angle should be fine.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.