New Lift HELP!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New Lift HELP!?

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdPoison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring HarnessZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Krueger07

New Lift HELP!?

ME and a friend ( that has done lifts before) lifted my JK 2007 4 Door Unlimted X with a 3.5 Inch Rough Country total lift including control arms and pitman. I put on XD addicts (with proper back spacing) and 33" tires. I went to test ride it and every once in a while on a light turn my ESP or traction control flashes for 3 sec. I checked everywhere there is no rubbing.. I cant go get an alignment until WED morning .... is this happening because its total out of alignment or should i worry about somthing else? thanks

Krueger07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
Krueger07

Krueger07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like the steering wheel is off center. Did you recalibrate for the tires?
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Yes, sounds like you need to fix the steering wheel. The sensors in the JK think the JK is turning more than it is do to the steering wheel being off center. So, it kicks on the ESP. It is easy to center. That should take care of your problem my friend!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
nufga
2010 JK Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...9/#post9851231

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryJK4455 View Post
Re-Centering Your Steering Wheel

1. With your tires pointing as straight as possible (leave your steering wheel rotated) and your tires on the ground, loosen the bolts on your drag link turnbuckle using a 15mm deep socket or wrench.

2. Grab the turnbuckle with your hand and rotate it a little bit at a time. Check your steering wheel periodically while doing this until it appears to be centered again.

3. Try to make sure that the bolts are pointing away from the track bar (rotate just the bolt sleeve and not the turnbuckle itself if necessary) and then tighten up the turnbuckle bolts.

4. Take your Jeep out for a test ride and determine if you need to make any other adjustments. It may take a few times to get it right but at least it is easy to do.

If you just installed a 2"-3" lift, that should be about all you need to do. However, if your lift is 4" or greater, you should seriously consider purchasing a set of adjustable control arms so that you can properly set your caster.

nufga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Looks like I need to do the same thing. My steering wheel is off a significant amount (it's at the 2 o'clock position) and the traction control kicks on whenever I turn right and when I brake (that's really scary, BTW...)

The part #7 is what we are loosening and "adjusting" correct?
Unread 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Yes sir! That is the one...

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #8
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Easy.

Is this just typically a one man job with a little adjusting, then checking, then adjusting, then checking....? Wouldn't it be easier to have a second someone turn the wheel to center after the turnbuckle is loose and then I would tighten the bolts back down while I'm underneath the Jeep?

Am I missing something here??
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #9
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

The easiest way is have two people. Go to a open parking lot or something like that. Drive with your hands off the wheel so the tires track stright. Then, come to a complete stop and get out WITHOUT touching the steering wheel. Have the second person watch the wheel while you go up front and adjust. Loosen the two 15MM Bolts and spin the turnbuckle. The wheels will stay put but the steering wheel will move. Once that is dead center stop and retighten the bolts. You then should be all set!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Game on, thanks Jason....BTW, I need to send you an email about the KC lights....
Unread 04-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Okay, send away my friend!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.