New LED Lighting - Need Help with Rapid Blinking - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New LED Lighting - Need Help with Rapid Blinking

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 11-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #16
Digital504
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFusion View Post
I like the LED tail lights a lot. Were they plug and play or did you have to cut into the factory harness? (did you need to put relays in for the tails too?)
They do look great, I got the black ones so they look blacked out during the day and shine red leds and white leds for backup. The tail lights were easy to install. Just used the factory harness installed a resistor that we got apart from the tail lamps since they do not come with any. That gives you little blue clips that cut into the wire and hold it sealed. I got this one - http://shop.poisonspyder.com/LED-Res.../41-04-650.htm

The only problem we ran into was where to mount the heat sink which is required to keep the resistor from getting too hot. We ended up buying a pack of small steal L brackets used to hang shelves and drilled the heat sink to that mount it then used industrial magnets on other side of the bracket to stick right to the metal inside Jeep. Worked great since the wires on the resistor weren't that long so you had to mount it pretty close to the tail light itself.

Overall pretty straight forward upgrade that looks great. Also keep an eye on amazon that is where I got the IPCW Black Taillamps for $218 + shipping. Which was the best deal I could find like what the exact same thing on Quadratec was $329 + shipping.

Digital504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #17
Digital504
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpericak View Post
I think it looks great. Are the brake lights Red? I was wondering how black would look installed.
The tail lamps are totally black that was the option I wanted, they make clear ones as well but the Bermuda Black is the best looking one and what I got. All the LED's shine red so when not in use the whole tail lamps look smoked out black. The only non red ones are the white ones that come on when backing up. Same deal with the 3rd brake light all black with clear leds that shine red.
Digital504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #18
No92
2014 JK Wrangler 

Just ordered the Recon signal lights for the front and side. Were they hard to install? Is it easy to get into where you need to install it?
No92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.