New JPMagazine Article on JK Pros and Cons - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New JPMagazine Article on JK Pros and Cons

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 09-22-2006, 12:09 AM   #16
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinYahoo
JESUS!!! WELCOME TO THE SOVIET UNION....FREE SPEECH IS DEAD IN THE JK FORUM!!!!GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY IS THE JK!!! SO BAN ME! REVOLUCION!
Free Tech speech is not dead in the JK Tech forum which is where you happen to be. I didn't make the rules, but I did read the stickies at the top of this forum. Perhaps you should as well.

Unread 09-22-2006, 12:32 AM   #17
iismet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab76
It is already speaking. TJ incentives have been staggering and yet sales are still down 16% on the year.
Not sure of statistical significance based on:

1) Last six month oil prices
2) Model year change
iismet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2006, 12:51 AM   #18
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iismet
Not sure of statistical significance based on:

1) Last six month oil prices
2) Model year change
I am not pretending that I know the exact statistical significance of the 16% decline (maybe it would only be a 5% decline with lower oil prices - no one knows), but my point is if the TJ is obviously so great and the JK is obviously so horrible, wouldn't buyers be flocking to purchase the TJ while it's still available, especially with incentives like employee pricing (and in many cases, below employee pricing from what I've been hearing) and 0% financing for extended terms? One would think so, but that is not happening - the 06s are languishing on dealer lots while early signs point to strong demand for the JK.
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2006, 01:13 AM   #19
iismet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Howdy, I'd like to take a moment to remind you that this is a JK bash free zone. If you persist you won't like the result.
I didn't read the sticky. I didn't start a thread bashing the JK either.

I guess I mistakenly misinterpreted this:
Quote:
If you hate the JK itís probably because youíve spent a good chunk of change on your TJ and a little too much time on opinionated and uninformed message boards. However, the real issue with this is the fact that you havenít been behind the wheel.
Who was this directed to? Was it intended for JK lovers to reconfirm to one another why they love it. Seemed like open discussion was invited. Guess i was wrong. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Quote:
Now go away.
You've got to be ###### kidding. Please!
iismet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2006, 04:08 AM   #20
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

lol...the only folks who should be allowed to bash the JK are those who actually BOUGHT one....

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2006, 07:02 AM   #21
SCouch
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The JK is softened, soccer mom aesthetics (ala liberty), and derived from DC market analysis..
You missed.

Quote:
They seem to be trying to expand their market for Wranglers e.g. 2 wheel drive Unlimited - they are selling looks. .
It's called job security. The objective is to sell vehicles.

Quote:
The market will speak soon enough.
and I think it will be very favorable! I have never seen a vehicle that has been stared at and talked about as much as this one. I honestly believe that if I parked the Unlimited in a line of cars that included a Hummer, Corvette most sports cars, they would walk up and look at the Jeep first. I had a streetable Land Rover rock crawler that could drag an H2 Hummer into the mountains, and it never got this kind of attention.

There are a lot of middle agers that have owned Jeeps in their younger years and would still like to have one, but it is to impractical for them, or can't keep 2 vehicles, which is what I have done. TJ's just aren't practical for hauling and a lot of Interstate travel. The Unlimited bridges that gap. Jeep has done well to make some improvement in off road capabilities, and improve it's highway driving by 500%.

Everyone still loves the older Jeeps, including myself, but Jeep must move into the future, so get a grip!!!
SCouch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2006, 07:10 AM   #22
SCouch
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailboss
lol...the only folks who should be allowed to bash the JK are those who actually BOUGHT one....
Amen!!!

I have one, and I agree, the 3.8 is underpowered, but I am not racing, it's ok with me. I honestly believe that the 3.8 is an improvement over the 4.0. So I am not complaining about the 3.8, but I can understand those that want more.

The 4.7 would be a great option.

I have had mine for a week, and can't find anything else to ***** about, except that dam dome light that keeps falling out of the sound bar.

I like mine, no other new vehicle has tempted me since 1981, when I got a new CJ-7 Laredo.
SCouch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2006, 07:55 AM   #23
BrianLSU

Quote:
Which one did you drive?
4-door Sahara.

You seem to be very sensitive on the subject.
BrianLSU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #24
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Free Tech speech is not dead in the JK Tech forum which is where you happen to be. I didn't make the rules, but I did read the stickies at the top of this forum. Perhaps you should as well.
Just ban me, I read the stickies....I just do not want to be on a communist, free-speech abolilishing bull**** board. You people who like the JK so much are sensitive about it...like Hitler you do not even want to hear any negative things about what you like...if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Looks like BrianLSU thinks you are getting you panties in a bundle over this...we should call you mrsensitive instead of mrblaine.
Unread 09-22-2006, 08:57 AM   #25
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLSU
4-door Sahara.

You seem to be very sensitive on the subject.
Not sensitive in the slightest. It's just that a month ago, I spent some time up on the Rubicon with the media and several good friends assisting with the JK launch. As such, I had the opportunity to compare them side by side with the very top of the line TJ.

As most know who spend any time around me, I'm pretty objective and open minded when it comes to new stuff, but I was unprepared for just how much better the JK was than the TJ after driving both offroad. (SWB)

And frankly I've grown weary of all the bashing by those who have no clue what they are talking about, (not you) and was glad to see the admins of this site take control and confine this forum to Tech, just like the other Tech forums.

So, if you don't like the JK and don't own one, take your opinions to GD where you have been instructed to do so by the owner of the board. Seems simple, eh?
Unread 09-22-2006, 09:04 AM   #26
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

I want someone to ban me over this..."you will not like the result" hahaha, that part was great. Threats...is that what its come to? You JK guys are way softer than the rest of JF. If your damn JK's are so damn cool then why cant you just be happy with them and understand half of us think they are FUGLY and have too many gizmo's that are going to be a ***** to work on.
Unread 09-22-2006, 09:10 AM   #27
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinYahoo
I want someone to ban me over this..."you will not like the result" hahaha, that part was great. Threats...is that what its come to? You JK guys are way softer than the rest of JF. If your damn JK's are so damn cool then why cant you just be happy with them and understand half of us think they are FUGLY and have too many gizmo's that are going to be a ***** to work on.
That opinion is more than welcome in GD. Take it there.
Unread 09-22-2006, 09:14 AM   #28
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think a few of you guys are SO anti-JK that you can't take an honest opinion from a long-term hardcore TJ wheeler/builder/fabricator who happens to see some good things in the new JK. You remind me of the same types that absolutely hated the TJ when it first came out when I was one of the first with a TJ. You have the "if it's new, it must suck" attitude.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2006, 09:15 AM   #29
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
That opinion is more than welcome in GD. Take it there.
All anyone ever talks about in there is what movie sucked ad whether or not I like the president. I would rather be banned in an effort to restore free speech to the board...I dont want to be on a communist forum.

BTW, this isnt about the JK for me anymore...its about the constitution and my beliefs that a man should be able to respectfully say any damn thing he wants. Maybe some of you dont like that I speak my mind and tell it like it is, I think thats ridiculus and childish. If you like something that looks so ***** you're gonna get hassled, so you need to learn how to deal with it better than sweeping it under the rug. And I know the JK is going to be absolutely awesome off road...I just dont care and I think people should be allowed to express thier thoughts.
Unread 09-22-2006, 09:29 AM   #30
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
I think a few of you guys are SO anti-JK that you can't take an honest opinion from a long-term hardcore TJ wheeler/builder/fabricator who happens to see some good things in the new JK. You remind me of the same types that absolutely hated the TJ when it first came out when I was one of the first with a TJ. You have the "if it's new, it must suck" attitude.
I think some people are upset that there may be something newer and better out there than what they have. I have no problems with people not liking the JK, I don't like everything about it either, nor do I own one so I have no pride vested in it. But it does seem like people are really grasping for straws in why the JK sucks so bad: The grille is plastic, the 3.8 sucks (even though it's better than the 4.0 it just "feels" like it sucks), some chick thought it was ugly, not a "real jeep", etc. etc.).
LEDFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.