Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New JKU Owner - Questions...Questions

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  avinator 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Hope everyone is doing well!

Just got an 11 JKU Sport, manual. Bought it used, its got a lot of miles on it but I think I got a good deal. Had it inspected at a local Dodge/Jeep dealership and it checked out well. Its never been offroad. 4.10 gears. It's lifted and running on 315/70-17's (will have a pic up soon).

The forum has been a great help, would have made some really bad decisions without it (hopefully the high mileage wasn't a bad decision).

Should I be able to tell what kind of lift it has by checking out the shocks or is there something else to look for? Is there a way to tell what type of lift it has (suspension, body or both) and possibly how high its lifted?

Anyway, I'm liking the JKU, kids love it, wife...eh, not so much. Can't wait to get it off road and have some real fun :)

Take it easy.

See less See more
#2 ·
"It's never been offroad".......now how in the hell does a dealer know that?

Post pics of the lift, someone may have the same thing.

#3 ·
"It's never been offroad".......now how in the hell does a dealer know that?

Post pics of the lift, someone may have the same thing.
Hey Jeffro,

I'll get some pics of the lift up tomorrow.

Dealer checked it out from top to bottom. There was no damage, scrapes, scratches, etc. underneath. There wasn't any mud, dirt or any signs of being offroad either. I looked under it and it looked cleaner than my Mercedes :)

I'm sure it was off-road, guess nothing that left any scars.

#4 ·
I see you added a pic....looks pretty nice.

Never is a big word, probably is a much better suited in your Jeeps case. If it's really clean odds are it hasn't been offroad, and if it was it wasn't mud bogging or dragging it's *** over rocks. :laugh:

#5 ·
Never "Off-Road", just on established trails. :)

#6 ·
Ah detonator yellow. By far the best color that Jeep ever had, but I may be a little biased. Plus you got the last year it was out!

Like Jeffro said, post pictures of the lift or look at the shocks/springs for obvious markings/tags that may reveal the company that made the lift. How many miles did your JKU have if you don't mind me asking? Mine has 105,xxx and still runs like the day I bought it. Don't let the 3.8L horror stories get to you.

#8 ·
Thanks guys! I like the color and I have never owned a yellow vehicle so I'm happy.

I'm going to try to see if I can figure out something about the lift today.

It has 80k on the clock but checked out well.

Hopefully I will have many years of fun with it!

#9 ·
Thanks guys! I like the color and I have never owned a yellow vehicle so I'm happy.
Not a JK owner, buy I am a Yellow owner.

I was never a fan of yellow, but it's grown on me.

#12 ·
wheels are mickey thompson side biters if i'm not mistaken.
Great color! Correction, make that "the BEST color" :highfive: However, I may be a little biased.

happy trails, what front bumper is that? just curious from the side the approach angles look amazing

#11 ·
Great color! Correction, make that "the BEST color" :highfive: However, I may be a little biased.

#13 ·
Rugged Ridge Modular XHD bumper (stubby), with recessed winch mount and bull bar. Pretty good price, and does has everything I wanted. Yeah, the approach angle is fantastic!
Needed it to be a stubby because those 37's would rub against a full width bumper, and it helps with rock climbing.
I also wanted the recessed winch mount to allow more air flow through the grill. Have a RIPP Supercharger with the intercooler in front of the radiator.

EDIT: Here is a front view w/o bull bar installed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.