New jk wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New jk wrangler

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

New jk wrangler

Ok guys I'm in the middle of building a 94 jeep yj I was at the jeep dealer yesterday and have been thinking about trading in my honda ridgeline and parting out or selling my project because honestly I just really want a jeep to drive and not spend the next year or two building it while I'm paying a car payment on my honda but my problem is I here about alot of problems with the jk as far as leaking tops and reliability and my honda is really reliable but let's face it I can't take it off road and the only jk I can afford is an new o one with soft top 4 door for my son s package so I'm looking for your opinions on this

insaneinline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

A 4 door with the s package and soft top
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

They are fine, no more problems than any other new vehicle. Just remember lots of people head to the internet when they have a problem. Very few post, been drive for 2 years no leaks.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mine leaked out all its punctuation. Otherwise it's been fine.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
GlobalResponder

I had a few leaks from my "10 JK, but I managed to get it over to Jeep while it was still under Warranty. The leak tends to originate from around the seal of the soft top near the front quarter section of the doors. There is some very absorbent spongy type material along the seal that absorbs all that water run off when it's raining, then it just drips down the door. They just put a new soft top seal along the front and it was taken care of. I think if that is the only issue I have to deal with from my JK, I'm a happy man! I have had no other issues.
buv-1.jpg   jeep-quad-tanks.jpg  
GlobalResponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys I'm just tired of swinging building a yj and paying a car payment at the same time I just can't afford it and want my garage space and if I'm paying for it every month it should be the one I'm building and using daily . You here all kinds of things people complain about the leaks on tops , head problems with the new motors in 2012 and then I thought about getting a used one but its gonna have the 3.8 and people say they are under powered with the auto , I honestly just want a jeep to drive and go explore and the ridgeline just isn't that kind of rig
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
MountainCraig
2010 JK Wrangler 

Purchased 10, 2door JK, 36,000 miles later not one issue. Got rid of a 10 Kia Forte Koup for a second Jeep, 13, 4door JK and amazed at the upgraded interior. Exterior is all the same. Happy with both! Sister also has 10 4doorJK no problems or leaks either.
MountainCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #8
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

I test drove an 07 and they let me take it home for the weekend that was two years ago it had 6 speed and the wife didn't like it so she thought the ridgeline was a better choice then I went and test drove a new 2013 and man what a difference in power , but I guess if I can get a good deal on an older one with the 3.8 its not the end of the world is it
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #9
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

The jeep JK is great! I like my 2010. It's a good mix of rugged and comfort. The 2012+ IMO are too fancy.

Do you tow? That will have to be a consideration. Also, the jeep will leak. Honestly I think that comes standard with any jeep. Any top. My soft and hard leak so.....
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #10
FizzMaster15
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedatya
The jeep JK is great! I like my 2010. It's a good mix of rugged and comfort. The 2012+ IMO are too fancy.

Do you tow? That will have to be a consideration. Also, the jeep will leak. Honestly I think that comes standard with any jeep. Any top. My soft and hard leak so.....
It's the same jeep!!!changing the engine makes it fancy? You should see some of my fancy trucks they look like crap on the outside but man O man I replaced the engine and they are fancy as helI now. I'm sorry but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Get what makes you happy and you like better.
FizzMaster15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #11
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzMaster15

It's the same jeep!!!changing the engine makes it fancy? You should see some of my fancy trucks they look like crap on the outside but man O man I replaced the engine and they are fancy as helI now. I'm sorry but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Get what makes you happy and you like better.
He's probably referring to the interior making the 2012+ fancy, not the new engine platform. The new interiors are definitely more refined than my 2009. Some might call that fancy.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #12
FizzMaster15
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb

He's probably referring to the interior making the 2012+ fancy, not the new engine platform. The new interiors are definitely more refined than my 2009. Some might call that fancy.
Either way still incredibly stupid
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #13
FizzMaster15
2013 JK Wrangler 

Both jeeps would be a great choice
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #14
ncb

Stating an opinion that the new interiors are "fancier" than the prior JK year is stupid? Not following your train of thought sir. Have a nice day.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #15
FizzMaster15
2013 JK Wrangler 

Your right. I don't want to be an a-hole. I just dont know that fancy would be the term I would use more comfortable...yes but fancy no. Sorry for the early morning a-hole comments.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.