Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

new JK TODAY

2K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  lowendrider 
#1 ·
Picked up the new girl today. this is my first new jeep. She has 6 speed, 3.73 gears, 17" alloys, freedom top with soft top in Mango. I asked you folks for your thoughts about buying this and I appreciate all your advise. The first 45 miles where great, hope the next 150,000 are the same. I will admitt I'm not over the sticker shock yet! I am sure a few miles behind the wheel will help me get over that. Stumper :2thumbsup:

#4 ·
She needs to make me a sammwich!!

#17 ·
May and June can be good months to buy cars bc the dealership is gonna want to make some space for the new vehicles

#23 ·
new JK

I didn't get a huge deal I needed to trade what I had and this JK had averything I wanted. Finding a 6 speed with 3.73's was harder than I thought it would be. I also don't like buying first model year on any vehicle. Bad experiences! This is a tad under power but has great reliablilty.

#24 ·
I didn't get a huge deal I needed to trade what I had and this JK had averything I wanted. Finding a 6 speed with 3.73's was harder than I thought it would be. I also don't like buying first model year on any vehicle. Bad experiences! This is a tad under power but has great reliablilty.
Good to hear! I plan on buying the 4 door version of yours when I get home from deployment!

#25 ·
Congrats on the new ride. I bought a mango myself in jan. Mine is a softtop 6spd with 3.21 gears. My only regret was that I couldn't find many with the 3.73 gears, let alone in the color I wanted. I didn't have the patience to wait..lol..this was my first new jeep purchase. Power isn't an issue for me, it does fine and I get 17-18 mpg with mixed city/hwy driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.