New JK - Rock Sliders/Steps? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New JK - Rock Sliders/Steps?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
faticone
2009 JK Wrangler 

New JK - Rock Sliders/Steps?

So, I am picking up my new JK tomorrow, 2009 2 door, Black, tan interior, dual tops, deep tints, 6 speed, power package...

The only thing that the old JK had that the new one doesn't is some side protection/side steps & upgraded stereo

So #1, some sliders/steps, what should I get, I definitely want a powder coated black set that mounts on factory holes. Please post up some suggestions with pictures!

#2, does anyone have the factory sub/enclosure they are interested in selling? or any other upgraded sound suggestions, i want something that takes up as minimal space as possible & cheap

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by faticone; 03-08-2009 at 02:58 PM..
faticone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I just ordered Olympic Rock sliders to replace my nerf bars. They also make a set that the outer bar is reversable - down for on-road, up for off-road.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
faticone
2009 JK Wrangler 

link?

10char
Unread 03-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
gweston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Slider steps

I have some Red Rock Fab sliders on my JK and like them. For photos, go to redrockfab.com, click on products, JK Rocker Guards, 4 Door JK Steps. They make the same ones for 2 door models.
They use stock holes as well as a few you have to drill in yourself. I installed them in 1 afternoon.
The quality is outstanding.
gweston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #5
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
Totenkopf
2009 TJ Wrangler 

I put THESE on my 2dr JK. Mount using factory holes, protect the sides, you can use them as a step, and they look good.
Totenkopf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
faticone
2009 JK Wrangler 

those mopar enhanced rock rails are sweet, i wish they were not 600 bucks though, but right now they're tops on my list...

does anyone have http://www.quadratec.com/products/12123_200.htm i like the look of them (and the price)
Unread 03-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
faticone
2009 JK Wrangler 

Picked up my new jeep tonight! i am so excited!

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on the new JK!

I installed a set of the Teraflex rock sliders. Bolt up to both the underside and the body - you will need to drill and install nutserts.

SUPER solid. Really can take a pounding, but also act as a flat step. I also like the Mopar ones, but they are a bit pricey for what you get.

http://www.teraflex.biz/products/jk-...ps-4-door.html

I don't have the best picture of them, but you can see them somewhat here -
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #10
faticone
2009 JK Wrangler 

I like those teraflex steps, but I dont want to go drilling into my jeep just yet, i was hoping for something just bolt on
Unread 03-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
Knottymaid
2008 JK Wrangler 

Why not look for a set of Rubi takeoffs.
Knottymaid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #12
faticone
2009 JK Wrangler 

I want something that has the step as well, i think my best bet is the enhanced mopar sliders
but i would definitely consider the rubi slider take offs for the right price
Unread 03-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #13
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Anyone using these?

Rampage Products Recovery Rock Sliders?

Look like frame mounted, and they look nice and solid.

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #14
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by faticone View Post
#2, does anyone have the factory sub/enclosure they are interested in selling? or any other upgraded sound suggestions, i want something that takes up as minimal space as possible & cheap

Thanks in advanced!
Congrats on the new new Jeep. If you're interested I have a spare factory sub w/ enclosure. Definitely your best bet if you're concerned about space. PM me if you're interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweston View Post
I have some Red Rock Fab sliders on my JK and like them. For photos, go to redrockfab.com, click on products, JK Rocker Guards, 4 Door JK Steps. They make the same ones for 2 door models.
They use stock holes as well as a few you have to drill in yourself. I installed them in 1 afternoon.
The quality is outstanding.
The Red Rock Fab sliders are SWEET lookin but you won't be able to look at them or buy them right now as the new owner is still setting up shop. If the sliders are anything like my RRF front bumper they're very good quality.
Unread 03-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #15
MrOrange
2009 JK Wrangler 

If you find a cheap set of Rubi rails, you can pick up one of the kits out there to add steps to them.

Just an fyi on the sub, if yours didn't come with one it will not hook up to your factory system unless you buy a pre-amp output and amplifier to add to your stock system. The wiring is completely different between the basic system without the sub and the ones with one. I almost made the mistake of buying a stock amp and sub on eBay for cheap but then realized it's not a plug and play situation.
5.13 gears, ARB front locker, Currie front shafts
Bushwacker flat flares, Rubicon rails with steps added
MrOrange is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.