new jk mygig ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > new jk mygig ?

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
whyknot

new jk mygig ?

i picked up my new jeep yesterday and i have a question about trying to upload my ipod onto the HDD. the screen keeps saying it's not reading the device.Also is there any way to install a few songs off a regular C.D. without having to copy the whole disc and then deleting the songs i don't want?Thanks in advance whyknot

whyknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

Won't work. You most likely don't have your iPod set in HD mode or in MP3 mode. Do a search here for "ipod mygig" and see what you find. I think the mygig will only read flash drives and not even all of them. I use a Corsair Falsh voyager. Curious to hear about your results.
Unread 02-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Denny2565
2012 JK Wrangler 

Your music files have to be either WMA or MP3. If you copy from the disc, it will copy the entire disc, you can't pick the songs to my knowledge. The best thing to do is put it on a flash drive. That way you can pick the songs and it only takes a few seconds to transfer. I don't like to copy from the disc because sometimes the mygig doesn't recognize the song titles or artists and your left with a bunch of "unknown" songs on the hard disk. And it takes forever to copy too. Also, when you plug in the flash drive, it will ask which files you want to transfer.
Denny2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 05:51 PM   #4
whyknot

thanks for the reply guys i'm going to go the flash drive route. thanks again
whyknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 05:36 AM   #5
amr42
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyknot View Post
i picked up my new jeep yesterday and i have a question about trying to upload my ipod onto the HDD. the screen keeps saying it's not reading the device.Also is there any way to install a few songs off a regular C.D. without having to copy the whole disc and then deleting the songs i don't want?Thanks in advance whyknot
When copying from the flash drive, you only get the choice of which albums/folders to copy. It will copy all of the tracks/files in the folders you select. Once copied you can delete individual tracks/files from the Manage My Music menu option - under playlists.

Hope this helps.
amr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 03:17 AM   #6
parvo
2012 JK Wrangler 

When copying from a cd, there is no option to select tracks - you will need to copy the entire cd then delete the songs you don't want.
MYGig - could be better - should be better!
parvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Don't even bother copying it to the HD. Just play it directly off the flash drive. It's easier to navigate because it'll keep your folder structure. Use MP3tag to organize and clean up files.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.