New JK advice, lift and tire size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New JK advice, lift and tire size

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
jeffer32
2013 JK Wrangler 

New JK advice, lift and tire size

Just purchased my first Jeep 2013. Looking at putting in the AEV 2.5 lift. Wanting to go with 35's, will I regret it with 3.21's and an automatic. I know I will have to eventually upgrade the rear. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by jeffer32; 02-23-2013 at 05:03 AM..
jeffer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

First, welcome to our forum...lots of good advice and tech info to be found here by:
Second, read through the FAQ stickies at the top of this forum, there is info there to help answer your question which has been addressed many, many times before, so:
Third, the search function is a good place to start looking for past answers and advice....

I think the answer you find will say something to the effect of Yes, you will be unsatisfied with the performance of 35s and 3.21 gearing ...either manual or auto (you did not say) so:
Fourth, fill in your profile so we may better help you out.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

first off what year? and also you have to regear both the front AND rear axle. not just one.
MrSmiley is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.