New Jeeps? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New Jeeps?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
DDMC
2009 JK Wrangler 

New Jeeps?

I am looking for some help. I am looking at buying a new Jeep. I have never owned one before. I noticed they went to a V6 for 07, is this any better or worse than the inline 6? I was looking at the Rubicon, but have been steered towards the Sahara by a couple of dealers. Basically I am looking for a good starting platform, and then slowly build from there to meet our needs. Any help is appreciated.

Joe.

DDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Never trust dealers, if they're steering you towards a Sahara, it's most likely because they make a bigger markup on it.

What will you be using it for? If you think you'll be doing a lot of rock crawling, go with the rubi, if it's all on-road, go with the Sahara or a fully loaded X (which is what I did).

As for the engine, there's any number of threads on the differences between the two.
Unread 02-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

Alot depends on what you want to do with the Jeep. If you start at a Rubicon, then you will be a serious off-roader. If you are going to only do some regular stuff, then an X or Sahara will be more than enough.

The engine doesn't have as much low end torque, it seems, but it is plenty powerful enough to do what you need. Some mods make it better.

Don't listen to any dealer. Read through these posts and make an educated decision for yourself.
tx-Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
DirtyJeepJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDMC
I am looking for some help. I am looking at buying a new Jeep. I have never owned one before. I noticed they went to a V6 for 07, is this any better or worse than the inline 6? I was looking at the Rubicon, but have been steered towards the Sahara by a couple of dealers. Basically I am looking for a good starting platform, and then slowly build from there to meet our needs. Any help is appreciated.

Joe.
i bought the Rubicon and i couldn't be happier. you get a very capable Jeep right out of the box.
DirtyJeepJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2007, 02:24 AM   #5
2007_X

THe X is definitely a good platform to start with, especially if you are planning on changing the set up later anyway.
"WHAT THE [email]F@#$?...BIG[/email] GREEN TRUCK!"
USAF FUELS!!!![/CENTER]
2007_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
5 o clok somwhr

We bought a Sahara cause my girl drives it every day.. Pretty capable off road so far Beach and tails....But now after going off road she wishes we would of got the Rubi ... I also dont trust the Deallers, a friend of mine owns a dealership, and the sh@% I hear about sales people is scary..... Do your own research!!!!!!!!! We got a great deal, and I am shure when they come out with yellow she will have Rubi in the garage
5 o clok somwhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2007, 11:28 PM   #7
koheed
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If you ever plan on going off-road on a regular basis there is not better place to start than a Rubicon. If there was a Rubicon model available when I bought my TJ and I didn't buy it I'd be kicking myself in the butt.
4" SA Skyjacker/BDS Hybrid, 33" MT/R's
Jeeperman Front & Rear Swing-Away Bumpers
Skid Row Engine/Oil Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid
Flowmaster 40
Herculiner
NEXT PROJECT: SYE and CV Drive Shaft
[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/27018750@N00/"]My Pics[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
koheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #8
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You can't go wrong with any of them. As long as its not the 2WD.
Get the most you can afford.
If you can afford the Rubicon, then by all means get it. It already has alot of suff upgraded and a warranty to boot.
Fully mission capable right off the showroom floor is pretty satisfying these days.
Drednot is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.