new Jeep owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > new Jeep owner

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 09-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Warmjku12
White Knight

2012 JK Wrangler 

new Jeep owner

Hey guys, I've been surfing the forum for about a week and am getting more excited about Modding my jeep. I'm new to the jeep world, new to American products for that matter. Had a Titan 4x4 that i traded in and a 350z before that. Always been a sports car guy and have done most my bolt on and suspension mods myself. I have a 2012 jkus with a 6pd i had the steel wheels on for 200 miles before i picked up the Sahara wheels and sprayed them with bedliner. Should have about 700 to do some mods upfront then i will have to wait for Christmas and birthdays for Modding. I was thinking of wheel spacers/ TF level kit and put the rest down for some 305/65r18 tires of course the rest wont cover the tires but come chrismas my bonus should, what do you guys think any suggestions?

Eric

Warmjku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on buying a Jeep! You'll quickly learn that JEEP means "Just Empty Every Pocket". LOL!

My suggestion is to take it on a few trails, and find out what it needs to do what you want it to do. Some people mod theirs to crawl the malls, some to do dune running, some for mud, some for rock crawling (me). Each has different needed mods.

Use the search function and look at the sticky threads at the top of this section of the forum to get some idea of what works and does not work. Join a 4x4 club or Jeep club...that will expedite the learning curve. But most importantly, enjoy your Jeep!
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Warmjku12
White Knight

2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, i know i won't be rock crawling anytime soon aka next 5 years ( car payment) but i want to take it to the beach and a few light trails.
Warmjku12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.