new jeep bad transmission - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > new jeep bad transmission

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
jk13crush
2013 JK Wrangler 

new jeep bad transmission

I have a 2013 stock jk with 13XXX miles on it and the clutch wont engage to shift gears. The transmission will not go into reverse and the only way it will shift into first is if the jeep is at about 5mph. to shift from 1st to 2nd i have to do perfect shifts because when I depress the clutch the rpms dont fall at all, its if there is no clutch at all. there is also no resistance when i press on the clutch pedal it just goes straight to the floor.

Any ideas on what this could be? All advice is greatly appreciated.

jk13crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hydraulic clutch, no fluid in clutch line...leak?
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
jk13crush
2013 JK Wrangler 

thanks. thats a possibility but i dont have any of my tools with me so i dropped it off at the stealership because its still under warranty. it drove fine and then i parked it for about 10 hours and then this was happening. I curious on how it just failed like that
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
2Five22
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sudden onset? Progressive issue? Computer code thrown? Fluid dump on the driveway? Transfer case in what position[s]?

I am just the chauffeur.
2Five22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
jk13crush
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sudden. Parked hopped back in the jeep to go somewhere and it wouldn't shift into reverse or 1st. It's only shifts into first if its at 5mph and then the synco will release and let it slip into gear. No fluid on the ground that I saw. A few days before the clutch felt a little weird. It kept stalling in first at if I was jumping the clutch but I don't think I was. The only way to shift is when the rpms are perfect and it just slips into gear. Depressing the clutch does nothing other than turn the jeep on. And no code was thrown, no code lights at all???
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
jk13crush
2013 JK Wrangler 

Transfcase in 2 hi the whole time
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like its just a hydraulic problem. Shouldn't be a big deal to fix. Just wait until your synchros go bad and it grinds into gears and pops out of gears when you're coasting. Mine was rebuild at 15k mile or so (2012), but it shifted like **** right from the get go. It just took that long for them to accept that it was a problem.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
JeepCares

Been to a dealer yet?
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
jk13crush
2013 JK Wrangler 

The dealership said that its the pump for the master cylinder of the hydraulic pump. Thanks everyone

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.