New Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New Jeep

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
jakemik
2014 JK Wrangler 

New Jeep

Just bought my first jeep, just wanted to introduce it to the forum. Tell me the things i should buy and what no to buy. Thanks for the pointers

img_4472.jpg  
jakemik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemik View Post
Just bought my first jeep, just wanted to introduce it to the forum. Tell me the things i should buy and what no to buy. Thanks for the pointers
Great looking rig! Congrats on the buy.

What you should get for it depends on what you want to do with it. If you're wheeling you should Armor up. If it's staying the streets then it's all about your style and what you like. Let me know if you have specific questions or would like a quote!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
jakemik
2014 JK Wrangler 

More of a road vehicle and hauling the trailer with a side by side to the camp, mainly looking for some hp gain but not at a extreme cost.. overall the jeep has decent power
Unread 07-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
barnettd

What to buy and not buy? You are going to get a world of opinions on that! Do some research... each major component has multiple competitors who make good aftermarket products... lifts, wheels, shocks... yada yada yada. Buy what looks good to you and on sale...
barnettd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #5
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Avoid Smittybilt bumper/carrier. Poorly designed Chinese junk (coating wore off and handle kept coming loose, plus the latching mechanism never fit/aligned properly). I'm glad mine is gone and lesson learned. I would've saved money by going with a higher quality product from the start; rather than repairing/upgrading cheap parts along the way.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #6
barnettd

Some good horses in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemik View Post
More of a road vehicle and hauling the trailer with a side by side to the camp, mainly looking for some hp gain but not at a extreme cost.. overall the jeep has decent power
A way to get a few more ponies working is to re-gear it. I am guessing that it has the standard 3.21 gearing in the axes. If you want to keep decent mpgs but tow, look at 3.73 or 4.10s. Those are factory options and a lot of aftermarket sets are available.
barnettd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
jakemik
2014 JK Wrangler 

it has the 3.73's.. whats the best programmer out there or is it worth it
Unread 07-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #8
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Superchips has a good reputation.
A 2014 with the 3.6L should have plenty of power. But if you really want the power to be transferred correctly, a regear is in order.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #9
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

I have a Superchips Flashpaq. Its pretty versatile and allows you to manage the shifts points etc, for better tuning. But Re-gearing is going to be your best bet like the others have said.
Nice looking Jeep. Looks like it already has a lift or leveling kit. Tell us more about it by filling in your sig in your profile. What are you looking to change/upgrade?
lights? winch? Maybe change those wheels...?
Unread 07-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
jakemik
2014 JK Wrangler 

Here is another pic. I would like to add a light bar on the top, the gravel road to our camp is 15 miles long, would love to light it up at night
jeep-2.jpg  
Unread 07-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #11
jasongilliland

Nice jeep! But looks too good to put an ugly light bar on it.
jasongilliland is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.