New Bumper utilizing the stock fog lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New Bumper utilizing the stock fog lights

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread Today, 10:04 AM   #1
EarlBalentine

New Bumper utilizing the stock fog lights

I want to replace my factory bumper on my 2014 Wrangler. Some of the new custom bumpers come with lights. I'm wonder if I can use my existing stock fog light wiring and just splice them into the new lights?

EarlBalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 10:29 AM   #2
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlBalentine View Post
I want to replace my factory bumper on my 2014 Wrangler. Some of the new custom bumpers come with lights. I'm wonder if I can use my existing stock fog light wiring and just splice them into the new lights?
It would depend on the draw of the new lights. If they draw less or the same power as the factory lights you should be ok. If they draw more you'd have to beef up the wiring. Let me know if you have other questions!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 10:42 AM   #3
Valkyrie0002
2009 JK Wrangler 

I bought the Barricade Trailforce bumper and installed my OE fogs into it. Did not have to splice the wires, just remove the fog light wires from the loom to get some extra length.
Unread Today, 04:36 PM   #4
EarlBalentine

I finally gave up after looking at thousand bumpers. I decided to go with my existing factory bumper and fog lights and bought a winch adapter for the same bumper, added a Quadratec winch. I could not find a bumper that suited me.
EarlBalentine is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.