Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New 2016 JK, manual. Shifter wobbles all over the place (more than my TJ did).

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  fastfreddie 
#1 ·
The title pretty much says it.
I picked up my 2016 JK last weekend. One thing I notice after doing the first 300-mile break in (and another 250 over the weekend) is that when driving over rough road the shifter knob flails wildly all over the place. Every manual trans does this a little, but damn... my JK's shifter wobble seems extreme. My '97 TJ shifter wobbled a little over potholes and speed bumps, but it was nothing compared to what this JK is doing.

Is this normal and something I can expect for the life of the Jeep, or is will this diminish after a bit more break-in?

#3 ·
:cool: Heh Heh, My AUTO stick is always --"SOLID AS A ROCK"

There's nothing you can do for the Chrysler jeep 6-spd-flailing !

Look at it as a form of contemporary art-

Whatever

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

#12 ·
My biggest problem there is just getting used to a stiff, brand new trans and shifter. My TJ felt smooth as silk, but that's also because I drove it for 16 years and knew every move it made, every bolt, every sound. I never missed a gear in that, but have a few times in the JK. Just takes getting used to, I suppose. I love it, in any case.

#13 ·
Don't recall when I felt at home with my JK, mighta been just yesterday. :D

It wasn't until fairly recently that all seemed well with the world. Purchased new in Jan. '14 and, currently, less than 3500 miles on the clock. It's taken a little longer than normal to gel with it time-wise, but the mileage seems consistent with my second nature to other vehicles. Obviously, your mileage will vary.

IIRC, things were fairly well on track before 600 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.