New 2014 jk have some ?'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New 2014 jk have some ?'s

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
Hillbilly88
2014 JK Wrangler 

New 2014 jk have some ?'s

Just got a 2014 jk sport 2 door with auto, I have been searching and have found most 14's with the auto came with 3.73's, I looks at the sticker says nothing other than auto upgrade so is the 3.73 gears part of the upgrade? Also I'm putting 33's on it with no lift. I'm cutting the fenders and bumpers for extra clearance Now with the over size tires what are my options for correcting my speedo.... Most programmer company's don't offer a tune for the 14's yet I seen the AEV pro cal. Is that my only option or can the dealer reflash it for 33's if I can get these few ?'s answerd I will be good for awhile. I've been searching but not much out there for 14 models to search for

Hillbilly88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't bother re-calibrating with 33s. The standard tires for Sport S, Sahara, and Rubicons is roughly 32", so your askew by a negligible anount.

I run 35s on both our JKs and never bothered to re-calibrate; don't need to do it. It's subjective; might bother some people, so I'm not trying to give my opinion as king.
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
Hillbilly88
2014 JK Wrangler 

Mine came with the small tires with the steel wheels. And got them to throw in the 32's on the aluminum 17's. and my speedo is already showing 5 to 6 mph off So bumping up to even a 33 is gunna throw it off a lil more and want my odometer to read right, and trip meter. Will know tmrw when I pick up my new wheels and tires thanks for the reply. I should have stuck with the TJ I know nothing about this JK stuff
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

OK, I hear you - the Sport tires are closer to a 30, so that makes sense.

The dealer should be able to re-flash to the same speedo settings as a Sport S (with 3.73s) and that should bring you within a more reasonable variance.
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
Hillbilly88
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm hope they can or will. Being that the sales guy who got me to buy it is a member of our jeep club we have and the owner of the dealer is a big supporter of our group I will see if he can make something happen as far as getting my speedo fixed if not I guess il be looking for a decent programmer
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

With an auto I would get the tire size adjusted. Take it back to the dealer, they agreed to swap to 32" tires and should have programmed in the tires, they didn't complete the job of the tire swap.
After they agree to do it, take it in and talk to the tech, tip him a few bucks to set it to 33"

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #7
Hillbilly88
2014 JK Wrangler 

I just looked it up the tires from factory. Show to be 32.1 inches fall and the 33's are really a 32.5 I don't think the .4 diffrence should make that big of a change That's if they won't set it for a 33 and only go for the upgraded factory 32's.
Unread 10-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #8
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

In Utah it would be illegal to sell a new jeep that had a speedometer/odometer that didn't produce correct numbers. So, legally they need to flash it to the appropriate size tire. I would suspect the odometer laws are similar in other states.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #9
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I doubt the dealer will correct the spedo. I've seen a lot of people suggest it, never seen anyone actually get them to do it.

I used the AEV procal to correct after going from stock Sport wheels (17") to 35's. If your spedo is off, I would get the Procal in a heartbeat. Especially if you're going to wheel it, the procal has a program to center the steering wheel too. I use it all the time. Best $150 I've spent on my Jeep. Feels like it was re-geared compared to how crappy it ran after adding the 35's.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #10
Hillbilly88
2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for all the responses I am waitin for deal to open and goin to talk to the owner since he is a big supporter for our group I'm gunna see if he will get it done since he is the 1 that approved the bigger tire upgrade and said he will do anything to keep his customers happy. It's a brand new dealer so they don't want bad word goin around
Unread 10-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
completenoob
2014 JK Wrangler 

Let us know how it goes. I'm leery of doing much, to the 2014 I have on order, until programmers start coming out for it.
completenoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #12
05x

Your cutting the fenders already ? Ha. I would wait for AEV they have said it shouldnt be much longer for the 14s according to the boards
05x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
Hillbilly88
2014 JK Wrangler 

Talked to dealer they said bring it in and they will do it even with the after market rims and tires.... For FREE. Still gunna order the the AEV procal for the tpms light and other functions for 159. Be nice to have. And yea cutting the fenders already cheaper than buying flattys. Also cutting down front and rear bumbers and it still has paper plates I can not stand driving a bone stock jeep
Unread 10-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #14
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly88 View Post
Talked to dealer they said bring it in and they will do it even with the after market rims and tires.... For FREE. Still gunna order the the AEV procal for the tpms light and other functions for 159. Be nice to have. And yea cutting the fenders already cheaper than buying flattys. Also cutting down front and rear bumbers and it still has paper plates I can not stand driving a bone stock jeep

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
Hillbilly88
2014 JK Wrangler 

Well that kept there word put the new 33's on and brought it to them. Got it back in 30 mins and put it on cruise at 65. And my 2 different gps's say 65.5 mph so I say a .5 mph off is close enough for me since the sate allows up to 2 off for new cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.