New 2012 MW3 Value - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New 2012 MW3 Value

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
Bville-Bud

New 2012 MW3 Value

Our local Jeep dealer has a new 2012 MW3 Rubicon they haven't been able to sell. The sticker is $40,000; I know people are hit and miss on the MW3, but I kind of like it. In the first minute of face time the sales guy is talking about taking $5K off of the sticker which is ridiculous; what is a reasonable price?

I like the car, but live on a dirt road and black cars and gravel dust don't mix well and they are very hot in the summer. With "regular" 13 Wranglers going in the low 20's, I will be a hard sell. That said it is a nice Jeep.

Thoughts?

Here is the Jeep:
http://www.saffordofwinchester.com/n...ebe8c92df3.htm

Bville-Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

It is a 2-door with manual, soft top only, not a Rubicon. Even $35,000 is high. $40,000 is a ripoff. "MW3" is just an excuse to gain more profit from unsuspecting buyers.

It appears to have AEV bumpers front and rear, and rock sliders, which are all good. But you could buy a base model, and those bumpers/rock sliders afterwards, add custom seats, and come out with $$$ still in your pocket.

I might offer $32,000.

I know mine is an '08, but I got it new for $27,500. Listed for $32,500 in Nov. 08. Rubicon, auto, dual tops, etc, just to give you some perspective.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
Bville-Bud

Happy - thanks for the reply, I think $32 would be my max price, but would pull the trigger at 30 quick.

According to Jeep the MW3 is an option on the Rubicon, is this wrong?
http://www.jeep.com/en/callofduty/
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
gunut
2013 JK Wrangler 

Id Tell him the vehicle is almost 2 years old....and its still on the lot.. Id go 33.....with a good finance rate of 2.25 or lower....but only if I really wanted that jeep.......It is a nice looking just as she sits...and yes its a Rubicon....

BTW....do you have a trade in/ did they offer a fair price.....or any money to put down.....????
gunut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails
It is a 2-door with manual, soft top only, not a Rubicon. Even $35,000 is high. $40,000 is a ripoff. "MW3" is just an excuse to gain more profit from unsuspecting buyers.

It appears to have AEV bumpers front and rear, and rock sliders, which are all good. But you could buy a base model, and those bumpers/rock sliders afterwards, add custom seats, and come out with $$$ still in your pocket.

I might offer $32,000.

I know mine is an '08, but I got it new for $27,500. Listed for $32,500 in Nov. 08. Rubicon, auto, dual tops, etc, just to give you some perspective.
The MW3 is definitely a Rubicon no matter what tops it has. That being said, check the build sheet and I'll bet it originally came with dual tops with a tag like $40,000.
Does it have all the stitching in the seat, emblems on the dash etc. to confirm it is a true MW3 and not a dealer mock up.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Bville-Bud

I was going to do a cash deal, I just sold some real estate and after I finish funding my kids college funds, I will have some cash left over; but that is probably less incentive for the dealer; not really looking for a trade in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunut View Post
Id Tell him the vehicle is almost 2 years old....and its still on the lot.. Id go 33.....with a good finance rate of 2.25 or lower....but only if I really wanted that jeep.......It is a nice looking just as she sits...and yes its a Rubicon....

BTW....do you have a trade in/ did they offer a fair price.....or any money to put down.....????
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
MikeHoncho88
2015 JK Wrangler 

I highly recommend www.truecar.com

They compile pricing from lenders on every vehicle to get the "true price". I have used them for my last two purchases and have complete confidence I got a more than fair deal on both transactions.
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

There's one near me that just dropped to $39 something from $42 something. Can't remember the exact price but I bet it's going to sit there a while longer.

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #9
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

The MW3 is a Rubicon. When my old rig went down from Sandy in October, I went looking for a new Rubicon. At the time, my dealer had a black 2012 Rubicon Unlimited and a 2012 Unlimited. Price difference was about 3 grand (38k for the 2013 and 41k for the MW3). I went with the MW3 pretty much because I didn't like the saddle appointments. The original sticker was 48k so when he said 40k I agreed.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #10
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bville-Bud View Post
Our local Jeep dealer has a new 2012 MW3 Rubicon they haven't been able to sell. The sticker is $40,000;
Go buy a 2013 2-door stock Rubi at a reasonable price ($32k is really pushing it, especially with no hard top and the manual transmission), then order full versions of the AEV bumpers, install them yourself (it's really not that difficult), and enjoy what'll technically be a better Jeep for less.

$40k is ludicrous, even for a loaded 4-door.
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
M2jeepin
2013 TJ Wrangler 

Just go buy 13 rubi Manuel 33k everything except navi including color flares. 40 is tooooo much for it.
M2jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #12
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Build yourself a Rubicon online and price out the MW3 extras. Now knock off another 5k because the damn thing is almost two years old. Find out how badly they want to get rid of it.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #13
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I like the MW3. If you're going to keep all the stuff it comes with, make an offer! If they'll take close to $30K, great deal for a Rubi with all the custom items.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #14
CoreyZ
2012 JK Wrangler 

THe custom items suck....

THe front bumper... still needs a mounting plate which costs like $200. Rear bumper needs an $800 tire carrier modification. Hood is a cheap non-functional AEV replica even though its made by AEV. Floor mats are just slush mats with a MW3 logo. Speedo has MW3 on it. Cheap plastic "number plate" on the grab handle. Seats are leather and have MW3 stitched in them. Wheels are nice and black... the only part I really like about it now.

TBH... had I given it more thought, I would have saved the money and bought a rubi with some black aftermarket wheels.
Colorado Jeep Club member #217
CoreyZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #15
Bville-Bud

Corey - Thanks for the feedback. Honestly I have looked at Autotrader some and seen plenty of new 13's within 200 miles of me that are at or very near $30K so I think I'm going to pass.

Even though I kind of like the MW3, most probably don't and that impacts resale. With the $800 rear tire mod you reference, I think I'm out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.