New '08 on Order - "C" order status? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > New '08 on Order - "C" order status?

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-25-2007, 06:43 PM   #1
NorthBendJeeper

New '08 on Order - "C" order status?

Howdy - new poster here at Jeep Forum but thought I'd get my feet wet with a first post...

In June I decided to take the plunge and order a new JK, a more modern upgrade to my fun but aging 84 CJ-7. The Rubicon model was tempting, but I opted for the Sahara trim since I think this may be a daily driver at times.

I didn't quite get the order placed in time to make the '07 models, so it looks like I'll be getting an '08. I got my VON from the dealer, and checked my order status today after not hearing anything for a while -- it appears that I'm in "C" status, which according to the FAQ means "sub firm".

Does anyone have any ideas or first hand experience with what this order code means? A lot of them seem fairly self explanatory but I'm still trying to venture a guess what "sub firm" means.

Appreciate any insight anyone has. The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient...

-North Bend Jeeper

NorthBendJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
Brad Cowley
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBendJeeper
Howdy - new poster here at Jeep Forum but thought I'd get my feet wet with a first post...

In June I decided to take the plunge and order a new JK, a more modern upgrade to my fun but aging 84 CJ-7. The Rubicon model was tempting, but I opted for the Sahara trim since I think this may be a daily driver at times.

I didn't quite get the order placed in time to make the '07 models, so it looks like I'll be getting an '08. I got my VON from the dealer, and checked my order status today after not hearing anything for a while -- it appears that I'm in "C" status, which according to the FAQ means "sub firm".

Does anyone have any ideas or first hand experience with what this order code means? A lot of them seem fairly self explanatory but I'm still trying to venture a guess what "sub firm" means.

Appreciate any insight anyone has. The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient...

-North Bend Jeeper
Im not sure where that puts you but i ordered mine 5 months ago and now they have to change my order to an 08 and i jut spoke with my dealer again today and they said that mine is on back order because all of the my gigs are on back order so i hope you didn't order yours with a mygig or you could be waiting for awhile.
Brad Cowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
RedRockN
2008 JK Wrangler 

My 2007 was ordered on 4/10/07..been in BG status the whole time. 2008 order went in 6/6/07 and Ive been in D1 status for 33 days. I have an ESTIMATED ship date of 7/25/08. Called DC...seems my 2007 is still in limbo, and my build date is VERY ESTIMATED. Good news is hopefully my D1 status gets built and not bumped down to C or even the dreaded BG word. DC servicegirl dont know where my 2008 order came from though. She wasnt sure if it was an automatic roll over from my 2007, or if the dealer edited it. Reagardless, hopefully I get my 2008 within a month.

GOOD LUCK
RedRockN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 06:22 AM   #4
Sammer

ORDER STATUS CODES

BB - review by fleet department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error
BG - passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL - edit ok parts unavailable
BX - passed edit available for schedule
C - sub firm
D - firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D - 1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E - frame
F - paint
G - trim
I - built not ok'd
J - built ok'd
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - emission check
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant , invoiced
KZL - released - not shipped
KZM - first rail departure
KZN - first rail arrival
KZO - delayed/recieved
KZOA - plant holds
KZOB - zone/distribution holds
KZOC - carrier delays
KZOD - carrier holds
KZOE - mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF - show/test vehicle
KZOG - damaged vehicle
KZOH - all other reasons
KZT - second rail departure
KZU - second rail arrival
KZX - delivered to dealer
ZA - canceled
Unread 07-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #5
Nuggetbrent
2008 JK Wrangler 

I feel your pain, I ordered a 07 Rubi on 2-22-07 and had to reorder an 08 on 6-25. Mine is still in BG status as of last week. But, the cool thing is that my order rolled from a 07 to an 08 and I was able to edit it on the way to add the all new "remote start"......
Nuggetbrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #6
NorthBendJeeper

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like nobody really knows exactly what "C - sub firm" status means, so I'm going to just refer to it as "limbo", since we know what it ISNT. It's isnt built, it isn't scheduled to be built, it isn't backordered, and it isn't being edited. I guess that leaves "somewhere in the queue, but not high enough to actually have been scheduled yet".

Ah well, good things come to those who wait, right? I'll keep updating this post with my new codes as dates as things move along, in hopes that this might help others stuck in the same mysterious "C" code...

Thanks again!

-NorthBendJeeper
Unread 07-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
RedRockN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Upgraded to JS status

Just got a call from the dealer that my 08 is built and in JS status. Shipped to storage. guess they do that before it gets put on a railcar. Any ideas?
RedRockN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
red7

Have you called back yet? Mine went very quickly from BX to D1 so I never saw C. I'm now in F status which is paint as of today. I placed the order on June 25th.
red7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #9
NorthBendJeeper

Here's my latest order updates:
  • 7/25: Order Status "C".
  • 7/31: Order Status "C" with no change.
  • 8/6: Order Status "C" still, but now have a VIN assigned.

Had an insteresting conversation with the customer rep. She said that according to her system, even though in "C" status, the Jeep was on schedule with an estimated ship date of 8/3. (News to me)

There was a long pause after she said that, after which I finally said "So it hasn't been built yet, but is on schedule to ship Friday?"

"Yes"

"Last Friday 8/3?"

"Um... huh... So maybe my system isn't up to date?"

So I remain solidly in C status limbo, it sounds like. I imagine having a VIN assigned is a good thing, as is the ship date of 8/3, even though that came and went.

-NorthBendJeeper

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.