"never be accepted as a Jeep" - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > "never be accepted as a Jeep"

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Closed Thread
Unread 09-16-2006, 01:28 AM   #31
MrAaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauleskyrocket
I took a friend today to see and drive the new "Jeep". His father drove one in WWII. He has a Willys Jeep that is Army surplus from WWII. He always comments that my TJ is bigger but is "true to the spirit". Now I know you guys will shoot the messenger---but after he looked at and drove a 4 door---he had but one comment----"This will never be accepted as a Jeep"---"It is for soccer Moms".
What a retard...

Unread 09-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #32
Pilot2
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not a big fan of four door Jeeps, but I don't have kids to haul around. I think the 2007 2 door Rubi will be a fine off road vehicle in the Jeep tradition. I can't wait for the release of the 2 door versions. I'll judge them when I drive one.
Unread 09-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #33
q2bruiser

It's so funny that all the people throwing out "quit the hating", etc seem mightly pissed off when they do. I say the guy that started this thread has just as much of a right to his opinion as all you pss'd off non haters do ...
Unread 09-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #34
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Maybe your friend's dad didn't mean it wasn't a Jeep, maybe he meant it wasn't a Wrangler, what with the 4 doors and all. That's the part of the JK that gets me. I mean, Jeep already makes 4 other 4door SUV models, right? Why alter the Wrangler? And by the way, since the 06, and below, longer Jeeps are LJ's or Unlimited's, then why is the new Jeep lumped into JK. Why not have 2 different names for the 07 like previous Jeeps (TJ, LJ)? I guess that's where Unlimited comes in. Sorry, really just not feeling the 4door "family" model. I know a lot of people do and will though. So be it. I'll stick with 2doors. People I know don't buy Wranglers for SUV substitues.
Unread 09-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #35
jdemonto
2005 LJ Wrangler 

re:jk

The jk will be known as a true jeep in 3 years when the after market catches up and people can't buy brand new tj's.
Unread 09-17-2006, 09:52 PM   #36
MrAaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto
The jk will be known as a true jeep in 3 years when the after market catches up and people can't buy brand new tj's.
Well said.
Unread 09-18-2006, 01:35 AM   #37
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrnglrguy
Maybe your friend's dad didn't mean it wasn't a Jeep, maybe he meant it wasn't a Wrangler, what with the 4 doors and all. That's the part of the JK that gets me. I mean, Jeep already makes 4 other 4door SUV models, right? Why alter the Wrangler?
Does any other Jeep 4-dr have a solid front axle? Does any other Jeep 4-dr offer a convertable top? Can you easily take the doors off of any nother 4-dr Jeep? Can you lower the windshield of any other 4-dr Jeep? Does any other 4-dr Jeep have the spare tire mounted on the back for easy access on the trail? Do I really need to go on? The 07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is simply a stretched Jeep Wrangler with an extra set of doors, just like the 06 Wrangler Unlimited (sans the extra doors).

Quote:
And by the way, since the 06, and below, longer Jeeps are LJ's or Unlimited's, then why is the new Jeep lumped into JK. Why not have 2 different names for the 07 like previous Jeeps (TJ, LJ)? I guess that's where Unlimited comes in.
Yep.

Quote:
Sorry, really just not feeling the 4door "family" model. I know a lot of people do and will though. So be it. I'll stick with 2doors.
To each his own. Don't like it - don't buy it. I bet the 4-dr will easily outsell the 2-dr, however. Good move by Chrysler in my opinion. People have been asking for this before and especially after the Dakar concept.

Quote:
People I know don't buy Wranglers for SUV substitues.
You had to go and descend into haterhood?? Is that supposed to be a put down of some kind?
Unread 09-18-2006, 02:25 AM   #38
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

lol...same old song: different juke box. Every time there is a change to the Jeeps the argument over "evolution" continues.

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
Unread 09-18-2006, 04:49 AM   #39
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Not trying to be a hater. I can remember growing up my parents, dad more specifically, would get frustrated at different models of vehicles changing. I would think they were so "cool", but he just didn't like them. I guess as we get older, we all go through things like that. I just don't care for the 4door Wrangler, that's all. But you're right, if I don't like it, don't buy it. I know others do like it and therefor, will buy it. That is fine. Obviously there is a market for them. That's cool. Whatever happens, as long as Jeep continues to make improvments to of-roading capability, I will be happy.
Unread 09-18-2006, 05:49 AM   #40
Dan-O

As long as Jeep continues to produce the short wheel base model, we should be good to go.
Unread 09-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #41
SCouch
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not trying to be a hater. I can remember growing up my parents, dad more specifically, would get frustrated at different models of vehicles changing. I would think they were so "cool", but he just didn't like them. I guess as we get older, we all go through things like that. I just don't care for the 4door Wrangler, that's all. But you're right, if I don't like it, don't buy it. I know others do like it and therefor, will buy it. That is fine. Obviously there is a market for them. That's cool. Whatever happens, as long as Jeep continues to make improvments to of-roading capability, I will be happy.
I think this is the point some people are grasping with, the haters will not admit it is improved, and that it is acceptable to have 4 doors. The lovers are mad because something more suitable to them can not be accepted. The 07 is improved, but it is also refined to attract a larger market segment. Can't blame the Jeep people for wanting to keep their jobs. I have not been off road yet, but been down some rough roads, and wash outs, and it's easy to tell the suspension is improved. Better ride, and much more travel.

It seems that some people believe that the only real Jeep is a CJ, and that is the only thing they should produce. But if this were the case, Jeep would have folded many years ago. Imagine if there was a forum when the CJ 7 came out. It couldn't be accepted, because of the wheelbase and tailgate.

Its not the end of the world, you can always keep your present Jeep, or buy a Hummer or Toyota and a can opener!!
Unread 09-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #42
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

I will say the pictures I have seen already from after market companies, the lifted JK looks pretty damn good.
Unread 09-18-2006, 07:58 AM   #43
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac45067
*Original if you don't count the Bantam, or the fact that Ford actually designed the now famous seven-slotted grill.
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but didn't Ford design the stamped grill for cost effectiveness, but it had more than 7 slots, like maybe 9.

http://www.m38a1.com/Resources/history.htm
Unread 09-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #44
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And by the way, since the 06, and below, longer Jeeps are LJ's or Unlimited's, then why is the new Jeep lumped into JK. Why not have 2 different names for the 07 like previous Jeeps (TJ, LJ)?
Jeep has never had an LJ model. They have made TJ unlimiteds. The LJ name was what was made up by Jeepers and it stuck as slang, but it was never an official name by Jeep. So in that respect, feel free to nickname the 4-Door Wrangler and maybe that one will stick as well.
Unread 09-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #45
wdyer14

I think everybody has an opinion and a point,but my question is "why do we keep filling the boards with this same IT"s NOT A REAL JEEP POST."Lets just start 50 more mpg threads and completely crash the board!

Anyone who drove a Willy deserves respect.When I restored my wifes I was scared to death driving it to the store,it wouldn't go,stop,turn you know none of the little things our jeeps spoil us with-lol.It was damn fun offroad however and it was worth towing it to the playgrounds.My father owned a CJ and said all these same things about the YJ,TJ,Commander,Liberty,Compass,JK etc..when you like something you defend it to the death.

I think options are good though,you say real jeeps don't have power windows and locks,navagation systems,18" wheels,electronic mumbo jumbo like disconnects and lockers, hard tops,automatics,subwoofers,blah,blah,blah.......Th en order a base JK soft top with no options ,do whatever you like to it and save a butt load of cash.If the loaded 4 door isn't a Jeep then don't buy it,nobody says you have to have these things they are just options for those that do.Get a no frills and call it a Jeep if you like but don't blame the company for going after a larger market.Also don't dog the people who like Jeeps (aka soccer moms,and commuters) just cause they look cool,this is the elitest attitude of "you have to be just like me our we hate you" that made me sell my Harley for a Honda.

Jeep was never going to make TJ's forever we all knew that,and they won't make JK's forver either.When the new model comes out we can all start this topic over and remember how the JK is far better than the new fake Jeep.

Well I'm going into the TJ forum to start a topic of how much better the JK is than the TJ,,,isn't that what the forums are for (j/k)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.