Neoprene seat covers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Neoprene seat covers?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 07-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

Neoprene seat covers?

Are neoprene seat covers water proof? Will water just bead off?

I was thinking of seat covers but if it's going to be a sponge than I'll just stick with my seats now

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

They should be pretty water resistant. My wetsuit pretty much only gets water inside through the openings for head,feet,hands and not through the neoprene.

I'd like to get some covers too but I have the front side airbags so I need covers that work with those.
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
wrestlerobx
2008 JK Wrangler 

wet okole work with the airbags and the seat height adjusters and so on. If you go on their site as opposed to shopping from Quadratec they have a ton of options to ensure it will fit perfectly. The biggest hitch is the price. Mine were 775 to get all the options I wanted/needed.
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
IslandHopper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Neoprene is waterproof... as in: it will keep water away from the stock upholstery underneath it.

The neoprene DOES hold a little water ... though I wouldn't call it a "sponge". It does, however, dry out MUCH FASTER than the stock upholstery did... I suppose because it's all on the surface... nothing soaks through to the 3 inches of foam inside the seat... a few minutes in the sun seems to be all it needs. With the lack of humidity you have in Ontario, I'd expect them to dry quite rapidly even without direct sunlight!

Wet Okole ... worth every penny. They are truly custom fit.
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Joevacs
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yep Wet Okole is water proof. I had a set of them on my Bronco and they were great. My only complaint was how bad they faded.
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
wrestlerobx
2008 JK Wrangler 

They have great options too. such as heated seats and lumbar support. When I get mine and install them in a month or so I will prbly end up posting up an opinion.
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlerobx View Post
wet okole work with the airbags and the seat height adjusters and so on. If you go on their site as opposed to shopping from Quadratec they have a ton of options to ensure it will fit perfectly. The biggest hitch is the price. Mine were 775 to get all the options I wanted/needed.
Thanks! I'll take a look.
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thank you mucho!

The wet okole ones seems better. Plus they sound funny lol.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
gcan
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper View Post
The neoprene DOES hold a little water ... though I wouldn't call it a "sponge". It does, however, dry out MUCH FASTER than the stock upholstery did... I suppose because it's all on the surface... nothing soaks through to the 3 inches of foam inside the seat... a few minutes in the sun seems to be all it needs.
Exactly! They DO get wet, but dry out pretty quickly. Although if you need to hop in the morning after it's rained all night, trust me... sit on a towel. Mine are "coverking" brand (cheaper than wet okole, still neoprene). They fit perfectly, although it wasn't easy tugging them on!
gcan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
mtbr
2012 JK Wrangler 

Check out the ones from Rugged ridge. I've had mine for 4 years, though some fading (not too bad)
the price was good (220 i think), they work with the side airbags, have lots of extra storage in back,
insulated, removable bottle holders, never had a problem with water (some may get though around
the stitching), clean easy, makes the seat much more comfortable....i love mine
2008 4 door Sahara / Rescue Green Jeep Club Member #15
1992 YJ / White
mtbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
IslandHopper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wet Okole:

IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

IGGEE's-is pretty hard to beat-strong/waterproof/gootentight-

No wear after three years-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #13
mrgolfpro
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlerobx View Post
I checked out Wet Okole and then compared to Smit%$Bilt... I can get the Smit#$Bilt for a LOT less, though am concerned about quality. $600 compared to $160+.. However I do like the options Wet Okole has.... Decisions Decisions....

One question for those of you out there.... Does anyone know of where I could get a cover for the center console arm rest? I have a black one and it burns like crazy in the heat.
mrgolfpro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #14
CoreyZ
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just bought some Armor Tek seat covers that apparently are just as water resistant as the neoprene without any negative affects to the seats they cover. They were only $250 and Ill post up a review after I get and install them.
Colorado Jeep Club member #217
CoreyZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
ScottHerman
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyZ View Post
.... without any negative affects to the seats they cover.
...Does this imply that there are negative effects to the stock seat from the neoprene covers?
ScottHerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.