JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   Neoprene seat covers? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/neoprene-seat-covers-1388047/)

Wavedatya 07-02-2012 07:52 AM

Neoprene seat covers?

Are neoprene seat covers water proof? Will water just bead off?

I was thinking of seat covers but if it's going to be a sponge than I'll just stick with my seats now

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

MrFusion 07-02-2012 08:30 AM

They should be pretty water resistant. My wetsuit pretty much only gets water inside through the openings for head,feet,hands and not through the neoprene.

I'd like to get some covers too but I have the front side airbags so I need covers that work with those.

wrestlerobx 07-02-2012 08:53 AM

wet okole work with the airbags and the seat height adjusters and so on. If you go on their site as opposed to shopping from Quadratec they have a ton of options to ensure it will fit perfectly. The biggest hitch is the price. Mine were 775 to get all the options I wanted/needed.

IslandHopper 07-02-2012 09:39 AM

Neoprene is waterproof... as in: it will keep water away from the stock upholstery underneath it.

The neoprene DOES hold a little water ... though I wouldn't call it a "sponge". It does, however, dry out MUCH FASTER than the stock upholstery did... I suppose because it's all on the surface... nothing soaks through to the 3 inches of foam inside the seat... a few minutes in the sun seems to be all it needs. With the lack of humidity you have in Ontario, I'd expect them to dry quite rapidly even without direct sunlight!

Wet Okole ... worth every penny. They are truly custom fit.

Joevacs 07-02-2012 10:21 AM

Yep Wet Okole is water proof. I had a set of them on my Bronco and they were great. My only complaint was how bad they faded.

wrestlerobx 07-02-2012 11:15 AM

They have great options too. such as heated seats and lumbar support. When I get mine and install them in a month or so I will prbly end up posting up an opinion.

MrFusion 07-02-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrestlerobx (Post 13806923)
wet okole work with the airbags and the seat height adjusters and so on. If you go on their site as opposed to shopping from Quadratec they have a ton of options to ensure it will fit perfectly. The biggest hitch is the price. Mine were 775 to get all the options I wanted/needed.

Thanks! I'll take a look. :2thumbsup:

Wavedatya 07-02-2012 03:52 PM

Thank you mucho!

The wet okole ones seems better. Plus they sound funny lol.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

gcan 07-03-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandHopper (Post 13807104)
The neoprene DOES hold a little water ... though I wouldn't call it a "sponge". It does, however, dry out MUCH FASTER than the stock upholstery did... I suppose because it's all on the surface... nothing soaks through to the 3 inches of foam inside the seat... a few minutes in the sun seems to be all it needs.

Exactly! They DO get wet, but dry out pretty quickly. Although if you need to hop in the morning after it's rained all night, trust me... sit on a towel. Mine are "coverking" brand (cheaper than wet okole, still neoprene). They fit perfectly, although it wasn't easy tugging them on!

mtbr 07-03-2012 02:51 PM

Check out the ones from Rugged ridge. I've had mine for 4 years, though some fading (not too bad)
the price was good (220 i think), they work with the side airbags, have lots of extra storage in back,
insulated, removable bottle holders, never had a problem with water (some may get though around
the stitching), clean easy, makes the seat much more comfortable....i love mine :)

IslandHopper 07-06-2012 02:29 PM

Wet Okole:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27098171/WetOkoles.jpg

JIMBOX 07-06-2012 03:26 PM

:cool: IGGEE's-is pretty hard to beat-strong/waterproof/gootentight-

No wear after three years-

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMG_0010.jpg

:tea: JIMBO

mrgolfpro 07-09-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrestlerobx (Post 13806923)

I checked out Wet Okole and then compared to Smit%$Bilt... I can get the Smit#$Bilt for a LOT less, though am concerned about quality. $600 compared to $160+.. However I do like the options Wet Okole has.... Decisions Decisions....

One question for those of you out there.... Does anyone know of where I could get a cover for the center console arm rest? I have a black one and it burns like crazy in the heat.

CoreyZ 07-09-2012 03:02 PM

I just bought some Armor Tek seat covers that apparently are just as water resistant as the neoprene without any negative affects to the seats they cover. They were only $250 and Ill post up a review after I get and install them.

ScottHerman 07-09-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoreyZ (Post 13840204)
.... without any negative affects to the seats they cover.

...Does this imply that there are negative effects to the stock seat from the neoprene covers?

The time now is 02:10 AM.