need some terraflex suspension help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > need some terraflex suspension help

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
MoreMud
2012 JK Wrangler 

need some terraflex suspension help

Hi,

I just added a terraflex leveling kit to my JKUR and I'm noticing that when I go over bumps it will pull the steering wheel. I think left up and right the suspension is moving down. It's not drastic but it's definatly noticable.

I tried reaching out to terraflex twice but got no response.

any idea's?
thanks in advance !

-Lovemud

just getting started.....
MoreMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Need to ask...when you installed the spring spacers (leveling kit) did you properly seat each spring in the spring perch? There is only one way the spring will properly seat...
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
ncb

Sounds like bumpsteer.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Or axle steer - as the axle moves up and down it also is moved side to side due to the arc "scribed" by the trackbar. It becomes more noticeable as the ride height is increased. Nature of the Beast and unless it is actually yanking it from you grip - pretty much is what it is. If you notice - even on a stock control arm/trackbar the nose makes a little circular movement as you go over a speed hump - raising makes the circle a bit bigger and more pronounced unless you also raise the track bar mount or use an adjustable track bar to lengthen the link.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.