Need Pics of Dash passenger Deployed Air bag in JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Pics of Dash passenger Deployed Air bag in JK

JK Front 3 Link Prototype - Clayton Off RoadDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 11-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
4x4mars
2007 JK Wrangler 

Need Pics of Dash passenger Deployed Air bag in JK

My Passenger side of the dash is all marked to crap by my blue heeler dog and i want to glue diamond plate patten Rubber sheeting on the dash but dont want to stop the big passenger air bag working right.
So i need a picture or pictures of how it depolys as i cant figger it out looking at the dash?
The Interior of theses JKs scratchs way to easy. I bought some thick Diamond checker plate black vinyl type rubber type stuff i want to tough it up abit so i dont want to curse my dog when she jumps on that area of the dash.
She did it in all my other trucks with little or no scratching.

So any Pics of one depolyed would be great.

4x4mars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
RescuedJK
2001 XJ Cherokee 

im pretty sure the dash "lid" opens upwards so when the airbag is deployed the "lid" or "cover" will hit the windshield not the passenger...at least its this way on most Ive seen deploy when I worked in a bodyshop
Unread 11-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
Dentedvw
2004 TJ Wrangler 

go to copart's website, look at salvage jeeps for sale. You should find loads of pictures.
Unread 11-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
Dentedvw
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You might even find a jeep for sale you have to buy. I did.
Unread 11-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
4x4mars
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescuedJK View Post
im pretty sure the dash "lid" opens upwards so when the airbag is deployed the "lid" or "cover" will hit the windshield not the passenger...at least its this way on most Ive seen deploy when I worked in a bodyshop
Ok Makes Sence.
Does it fly up in one piece ? theres a line runs across it above the grab handle im just worried if i glue over that joint it might want to open like a clam or something and the rubber im glueing would stop that from happening.

Its not like i ever have passengers cept my dog so if it failed id end the scratched interior problems at least.

i looked for pics before posting here just cant find any anywhere of that air bag open.
Unread 12-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
4x4mars
2007 JK Wrangler 

still cant find a picture!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.