need lift info & regearing info - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > need lift info & regearing info

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 01-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
stuart2410
2007 JK Wrangler 

need lift info & regearing info

I have a 07 X and i need to know how much lift i need to run 35's or 315 and i do some off roading .MY next Question is my jeep is also my daily driver and i have to make weekly 100 mile trip for work Im thinking about going with 4.88 What i need to know is what the rpms are around 70mph give or take and what the gas mileage might be give or take.Any info would helpful thank you.

stuart2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
jk2008jp
2008 JK Wrangler 

lift size

a 3-4 inch lift should give you plenty of room to fit 35's but remember that when you put bigger and wider tires on your fuel goes bye bye a 4 inch lift from rough country is about 500 I dont know if thats what your looking for, cant tell you anything about rpms dont really pay close attention them I just listen to the engine to tell me when to shift.... sorry if thats no help.
jk2008jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Do you have an automatic or manual transmission? You'll want 4.88's if you have a manual and 5.13 if you have the automatic. You need a 3" lift.

I have an automatic 4 door 2007 Sahara, which came with 4.10 gears from the factory.

bone stock with stock 18" wheels and 32" street tires (standard sahara setup) 19 mpg
switched to 17 X 9 wheels and 315/70-17 BFG AT kept stock gearing 12 mpg
regeared the differentials to 5.13 and was surprised at 17 mpg

I have a long list of things I usually include when I answer this question, but I don't feel like doing that right now. If I remember right, I turn 2,400 rpm's at 70 mph. It's been a few weeks since I have been home.
Unread 01-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
motoxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart2410 View Post
I have a 07 X and i need to know how much lift i need to run 35's or 315 and i do some off roading .MY next Question is my jeep is also my daily driver and i have to make weekly 100 mile trip for work Im thinking about going with 4.88 What i need to know is what the rpms are around 70mph give or take and what the gas mileage might be give or take.Any info would helpful thank you.
FYI, I have discovered typically you get more lift than advertised, esp if you are a 2 door. Many of the kits are for 4 and 2 door models generic, so the 2 doors being about 800# lighter get a lot more lift. I did the 3" teraflex and got 5". I replaced with OME 2" and got nearly 3". I luv the OME 2", looks great and ride is plush for a jeep.
motoxxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.