Need help with Tire size. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Need help with Tire size.

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
shwray
2009 JK Wrangler 

Need help with Tire size.

So I have a 2009 Wrangler Unlimited X and I would like to put bigger tires on. My question is what size can I put on without lifting it. I would like to lift it but just don't have the money right know. In the mean time I would like it to look a bit more like a Jeep. I have the stock 16 inch wheels so I was thinking a 265/75r16? Will those fit without lifting.

shwray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

should be able to go with 33" tires without problems. get some wheel spacers and thatll give it a much better look while keeping rubbing down. also you can trim the fenders. when i did i was able to fit 35s on stock suspension with no issues. granted there will be rubbing offroad when stuffing, so keep that to a minimum till you lift. wheel spacers are a cheap and easy mod to give it a more aggressive look. there are many options just look around.
Unread 01-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Here ya go:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/faq-will-rub-610856/
Unread 01-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
shwray
2009 JK Wrangler 

Wow that was fast thanks guys. I think I will go with the 32" so I won't have to use any spacers. I'm trying to spend as little as possible, but still want to have a more aggresive look. I'm assuming I will still have to purchase AEV ProCal Module to recalibrate everything after the change. I'm pretty sure I have the 3.73 gear so I shouldn't lose much power? I say pretty sure because when I log onto Jeep.com it is listed under the optional equipment, for my vehicle. Any suggestions on which tires I should get, I'm leaning towards the BFG all terrain, but they are a bit pricey.
shwray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Can't call it on the tires. It's up to you for price, performance, looks etc. You wont go wrong with BFG. Take a look in the tires and wheels for sale forum. You might be able to get a set of Tires and wheels from someone for less than you'd pay for just tires. I see pull offs that are brand new from Rubicons all the time there. Those are usually 31" BFG MT's...Good luck!
Unread 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwray View Post
Wow that was fast thanks guys. I think I will go with the 32" so I won't have to use any spacers. I'm trying to spend as little as possible, but still want to have a more aggresive look. I'm assuming I will still have to purchase AEV ProCal Module to recalibrate everything after the change. I'm pretty sure I have the 3.73 gear so I shouldn't lose much power? I say pretty sure because when I log onto Jeep.com it is listed under the optional equipment, for my vehicle. Any suggestions on which tires I should get, I'm leaning towards the BFG all terrain, but they are a bit pricey.
shouldn't have to use the procal depending on your current tire size. spacers are cheap and i love them, gives a great look with the stock wheels. as for tires i am a huge fan of the falken wildpeak for an AT. but can't go wrong with bfg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.