***Need Help Mounting PIAA Dual Horns on 2012 Rubicon*** - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > ***Need Help Mounting PIAA Dual Horns on 2012 Rubicon***

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
jdayjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

***Need Help Mounting PIAA Dual Horns on 2012 Rubicon***

My first mod on my new 2012 2 dr. 6spd. Rubicon... getting rid of the sissy beep-beep horn! Someone please tell Don Knotts at Jeep to give us a horn that is worthy for this incredible vehicle!

Ordered a set of PIAA horns (400hz and 500hz) from Amazon last week. Got the tip on a previous post Should be here next week.

I noticed the one original horn is mounted right above the drivers headlight. It looks like there may be room between the radiator and the front plastic grill. This would be the best postion to project the sound forward. Anyone installed a set of these and exactly where did you place them?

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdayjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
jdayjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

My horns should be in this week. Anyone have any suggestions?
jdayjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

When they do come just take them out of the box and physically move them around until you find a good spot or get creative and fab up some mounts for them. When done show us your handy work, we love new, “do it yourself” projects. Good luck too.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hope they are small horns, the new motor bay is so tight that it will be like putting an elephant in a suit case.
222Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
DuraJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

did anything ever come of this install?? I have the same problem

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.