Need help identifying Smittybilt tire carrier parts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Need help identifying Smittybilt tire carrier parts

Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-208.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for JeepsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 06-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Turbineguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Need help identifying Smittybilt tire carrier parts

This is my first time posting, but I need a little assistance. I received the following parts from a shop when they sent me some missing pieces for Smittybilt SRC Jk rear bumper that I bought.

It appears to be a tire mount adapter along with a hinge reinforcement bracket and a third light extension brackets along with two other L-brackets. I went to the Smittybilt site and looked at all their installation instructions for different products and couldn't find these parts. I also got a bag of hardware (not pictured).

Can anyone help me out here?

Turbineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
aznjeep

2013 JK Wrangler 

You are correct.. my first bumper was the SRC (before I swapped to the XRC), and it came with those parts with no instructions are hardware for them (the bottom 4 pieces in your photo). I took apart the stock 3rd brake light, and did my best at cutting and piecing everything together. I didn't like it, because the light "wobbled" back and forth (it was mounted really high). I eventually took it off and went with LED lug lights (fits into the 2 available lug holes on the spare tire when mounted). The piece at the very top of the photo is your actual spare tire mount, and should have the nuts and lock washers to attach it to the tire carrier. (I'm assuming you bought the SRC bumper w/ carrier... not just the bumper... all these parts attach onto the carrier, not the tailgate of the Jeep).
'99 TJ "L'il Pepper" (sold)
aznjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.