Need help with door removal.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Need help with door removal....

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Utah_Jay
2007 JK Wrangler 

Need help with door removal....

07 JKU I can only get the driver door off. The other 3 are stuck really good! I have lifted while rotating back and forth and it doesn't seem to be moving. I can get the entire jeep rocking but the doors won't budge. Are there any tricks to get these things to come off?

WD40? PB Blaster?

Unread 05-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

use wd40 work it. I set up a rope from the roof that can pull the door up. Notthat mine were ever stuck but this would free your hands and then you could use a rubber mallet on the hinge to tap it with?

the doors are heavy and a PITA to R&R all the time. I ended up just getting soft doors and left he hard doors with hard top in a corner to collect dust.
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

PB Blaster is way better at this than WD40. I'd give it a shot.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio View Post
PB Blaster is way better at this than WD40. I'd give it a shot.
it is but i was thinking it may be hard on the paint too.
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Utah_Jay
2007 JK Wrangler 

Going to try the PB and let it sit over night. If I don't have any paint left in the morning I will let you know .

When these doors come off I am going to sand the pin to smooth it out and apply grease before the doors go back on. Hopefully that will prevent this in the future.
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

get a good grip on the door and wiggle it side to side as you pull up. Do this long enough and they will pop out.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #7
Border
2010 JK Wrangler 

I used a jack

it's not me on the video you can do it a bit more elegant using a better tool than the chair
Border is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #8
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Jay View Post
Going to try the PB and let it sit over night. If I don't have any paint left in the morning I will let you know .

When these doors come off I am going to sand the pin to smooth it out and apply grease before the doors go back on. Hopefully that will prevent this in the future.
I would not sand the pin. You could make the doors wobble. Just use the technique I posted above and apply grease after you get them off and it will be easier the next time you do it.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:21 PM   #9
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

The doors just take 2 people and some wiggling. My hard top and doors stay off all year now; one of the few benefits of living in CA.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #10
jbro27
2007 JK Wrangler 

roll your windows down put one and on inside door handle and one hand on the outside. Then get your thighs under the bottom of the door. I yank them out easy this way.
jbro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #11
Utah_Jay
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for all the tips guys.

I went out this morning and with some work the passenger side doors came off. However the rear driver side door was still stuck. I decided to try the jack trick and it worked great. I jacked up the pin just a bit using an allen wrench to put pressure on it and went back to work. This did the trick.

I am going to use my dremel to clean the pins and the hinges and polish them up before greasing. Hopefully this will prevent this issue in the future.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.