Need grease/lube recommendation for lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Need grease/lube recommendation for lift

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Need grease/lube recommendation for lift

All,

I'm looking for a recommendation on lube/grease for curing some suspension squeaks. I'm getting new front links (kinda) and I want to go through and re-lubricate all the lift components that I installed. I'm tired of hearing things squeak every time I crawl over a speed bump.

What say you? Is there anything specific you guys recommend?

Thanks...

Unread 01-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Really, NO ONE has a recommendation??????
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Superlube polyurethane grease. Waterproof clear non-petroleum and it's made for poly bushings.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Superlube polyurethane grease. Waterproof clear non-petroleum and it's made for poly bushings.
Awesome, thanks Boss.

You know if any of the major retailers sell that in store?
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've only seen the little squeeze packets at O'Reillys .You can order the full size tubes off amazon for like $15. a tube though.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #6
newbomb

2014 JK Wrangler 

I have a new lift and I'm getting some squeaks. One night this week I'm going to crawl under to check things out. Which lift components should I hit with lithium grease?
33x12.50 BFGs on MT classic II's
Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow
Rusty's Airtube w/ K&N filter
Sirius Satellite Radio
Stebel 139dB Air Horn

------------------------------------------
1989 Blue YJ w/ TJ Body
2" BL
31x10.50 LTXs
Cab Top
newbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #7
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I don't get any bushing squeak--I spray wd-40 at the summer start and grease my ball joints/control arms all/ latchs with valvoline syn brg grease-

Quiet as a mouse-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.