Need grease/lube recommendation for lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Need grease/lube recommendation for lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Need grease/lube recommendation for lift

All,

I'm looking for a recommendation on lube/grease for curing some suspension squeaks. I'm getting new front links (kinda) and I want to go through and re-lubricate all the lift components that I installed. I'm tired of hearing things squeak every time I crawl over a speed bump.

What say you? Is there anything specific you guys recommend?

Thanks...

Unread 01-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Really, NO ONE has a recommendation??????
Unread 01-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Superlube polyurethane grease. Waterproof clear non-petroleum and it's made for poly bushings.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Superlube polyurethane grease. Waterproof clear non-petroleum and it's made for poly bushings.
Awesome, thanks Boss.

You know if any of the major retailers sell that in store?
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've only seen the little squeeze packets at O'Reillys .You can order the full size tubes off amazon for like $15. a tube though.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #6
newbomb

2014 JK Wrangler 

I have a new lift and I'm getting some squeaks. One night this week I'm going to crawl under to check things out. Which lift components should I hit with lithium grease?
33x12.50 BFGs on MT classic II's
Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow
Rusty's Airtube w/ K&N filter
Sirius Satellite Radio
Stebel 139dB Air Horn

------------------------------------------
1989 Blue YJ w/ TJ Body
2" BL
31x10.50 LTXs
Cab Top
newbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #7
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I don't get any bushing squeak--I spray wd-40 at the summer start and grease my ball joints/control arms all/ latchs with valvoline syn brg grease-

Quiet as a mouse-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.