Need Bumper with Hitch Suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Bumper with Hitch Suggestions

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 05-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
h2so4
2007 JK Wrangler 

Need Bumper with Hitch Suggestions

I am looking to put a hitch on my 07 2-door wrangler. I figure it will only be a few more dollars to buy a new bumper with a built in hitch. Any suggestions or direction for for me? Is it better to just do a hitch and keep factory bumper?
I will be towing a relatively light weight dirt bike trailer with two bikes.

Thanks for your comments or suggestions!

h2so4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

I believe with the bumpers and built in hitch, they arent as strong and cant support as much weight. If your only looking for a hitch than get the hitch and save some money, but if you want to get a bumper down the road than just get a bumper with built in hitch however look for a bumper with hitch that can support your needs.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

Most aftermarket bumpers with built in receivers aren't rated for towing. Doesn't mean you cant do it.n JCR makes a nice stubby bumper with a receiver that I will most likely pick up soon.
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

There is a thread from a couple of weeks ago - exact same topic ----- go here .....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/r...eiver-1513248/
djm is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.