Need Advice...thinking of getting a JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Advice...thinking of getting a JK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
acelesson

Need Advice...thinking of getting a JK

Ok so heres my little story. I bought a new 2004 wrangler back in 2004 but ended up selling it last year because I was averaging about 200 miles to the tank. I then waited a few months, then back in May I bought a used 2005 Scion TC. At first I really loved having a sporty little car that had a little pep to it. But now that winter is here, I got a harsh taste of reality. My little Scion SUCKS in the snow. I mean its worse than any other FWD car I have owned. We had a bad snow storm on New Years eve and I had to park it and use one of my moms spare Cherokee.

Now that I have seen the JK, I am in love. I have always loved Jeeps but I had to get rid of mine because it was a DD. Perhaps it was the big steel Cragars I had on it that made my milage crap, but I still loved it. I always told myself I will own another Wrangler in my life time. To be honest, I think I had more fun with my Wrangler then I did with my tC.

What Im getting at here is I really want to get a JK. I know Im going to hear it from my parents if I get one though...since I just sold a Jeep about a year ago now. KBB on my car is about 14,000 trade in and I owe 13,000 on my loan. There is a JK X up here for 23,000:

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2-Door (It has the S package, the 3.8L V-6 engine, the 4-speed automatic transmission, dual tops, Sirius satellite radio, trailer towing, power convenience group, trac-lok limited slip differential, 7 Infinity speakers with subwoofer, and 17" wheels.)

Color: Black Clear Coat Coat with Slate Gray cloth interior and Black tops.

What do you guys think?

acelesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
xfactor

If you sold it because of the mileage I am not sure how the JK will be THAT much different. You are likely going to average around 15 or 16 mpg in town...only a couple better than the TJ.

Again, I am only going off of your stated reason for getting rid of the Wrangler before.
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
CruiserClass
2005 WK 

It doesn't snow year round, and if bad weather is your only concern you can get a beater for that. If you want a Jeep, you want a Jeep. If you want sporty and economical, stick with what you got and get a beater 4x4 for those snow days.
CruiserClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #4
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by acelesson
My little Scion SUCKS in the snow. I mean its worse than any other FWD car I have owned. We had a bad snow storm on New Years eve and I had to park it and use one of my moms spare Cherokee.
Did you consider owning a set of winter tires? I will take a FWD with winter tires over a part-time 4Wd with all-seasons for handling in the snow.

Set of Blizzak's 185/65-14 mounted on 14" steel rims is $444 at tirerack.com.
Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Loki1

Gas milage is still going to be a problem, I suggest you get a second job.
Loki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2007, 07:50 PM   #6
Angryitch

I Say Buy It !!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.