Need Advice...thinking of getting a JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Advice...thinking of getting a JK

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
acelesson

Need Advice...thinking of getting a JK

Ok so heres my little story. I bought a new 2004 wrangler back in 2004 but ended up selling it last year because I was averaging about 200 miles to the tank. I then waited a few months, then back in May I bought a used 2005 Scion TC. At first I really loved having a sporty little car that had a little pep to it. But now that winter is here, I got a harsh taste of reality. My little Scion SUCKS in the snow. I mean its worse than any other FWD car I have owned. We had a bad snow storm on New Years eve and I had to park it and use one of my moms spare Cherokee.

Now that I have seen the JK, I am in love. I have always loved Jeeps but I had to get rid of mine because it was a DD. Perhaps it was the big steel Cragars I had on it that made my milage crap, but I still loved it. I always told myself I will own another Wrangler in my life time. To be honest, I think I had more fun with my Wrangler then I did with my tC.

What Im getting at here is I really want to get a JK. I know Im going to hear it from my parents if I get one though...since I just sold a Jeep about a year ago now. KBB on my car is about 14,000 trade in and I owe 13,000 on my loan. There is a JK X up here for 23,000:

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2-Door (It has the S package, the 3.8L V-6 engine, the 4-speed automatic transmission, dual tops, Sirius satellite radio, trailer towing, power convenience group, trac-lok limited slip differential, 7 Infinity speakers with subwoofer, and 17" wheels.)

Color: Black Clear Coat Coat with Slate Gray cloth interior and Black tops.

What do you guys think?

acelesson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
xfactor

If you sold it because of the mileage I am not sure how the JK will be THAT much different. You are likely going to average around 15 or 16 mpg in town...only a couple better than the TJ.

Again, I am only going off of your stated reason for getting rid of the Wrangler before.
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
CruiserClass
2005 WK 

It doesn't snow year round, and if bad weather is your only concern you can get a beater for that. If you want a Jeep, you want a Jeep. If you want sporty and economical, stick with what you got and get a beater 4x4 for those snow days.
CruiserClass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by acelesson
My little Scion SUCKS in the snow. I mean its worse than any other FWD car I have owned. We had a bad snow storm on New Years eve and I had to park it and use one of my moms spare Cherokee.
Did you consider owning a set of winter tires? I will take a FWD with winter tires over a part-time 4Wd with all-seasons for handling in the snow.

Set of Blizzak's 185/65-14 mounted on 14" steel rims is $444 at tirerack.com.
Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
Loki1

Gas milage is still going to be a problem, I suggest you get a second job.
Loki1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
Angryitch

I Say Buy It !!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.