Need advice for all year round tires - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Need advice for all year round tires

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #31
Michel347

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Rquired Dec 15 to March 15 on passenger vehicles registered in Quebec.

Pointless law really, they would be better served on mandating tire tread depth.
They do as well, the ex-boyfriend of my daughter got a ticket last winter for that

Also about the Duratrac, they have the snowflake symbol, and still allowed here in Quebec for this winter, but I heard that they won't be aloud next year, they don't have the right rubber composition.

Also the remark about studs, the studs are effective on ice when the temperature is around freezing point, colder than this, studless tires like Michelin X-Ice, Blizzaks, ... become more effective.

Michel347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #32
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientspear
Habber, Do Quebec insurers still require you guys to have snowflake tires in the winter?

I remember reading a few years ago that the year they implemented/enforced it, nobody could find snowflake tires in stores and people were having them stolen off their cars. Is any of that still the case?
Yes we need to have the snow flake on tires between Dec 15-march 15 except for trucks but that will change next year too. They will also have to have snowflake on the tires too.

Jeep TJ 2001 4.0 5MT
Habber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #33
jhickman1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If you decide on the Duratracs, I found out from a very "driven to succeed" salesman at Sears that they will beat any price you can find. I ended up buying mine from them for a better price than anywhere else. I don't think they readily advertise the policy but I would ask them to beat the best price you can find before you buy elsewhere.
jhickman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #34
Habber

Good advice. I'm surprised they even carry them let alone price match. Ill check

Jeep TJ 2001 4.0 5MT
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #35
jhickman1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
Good advice. I'm surprised they even carry them let alone price match. Ill check

Jeep TJ 2001 4.0 5MT
They didn't stock them but they were happy to order them and had them in less than a week.
jhickman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #36
Habber

I wonder if they have them here in Canada. Ill check but somehow doubt it.

Jeep TJ 2001 4.0 5MT
Unread 09-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #37
roadrat

Duratracs should do well all year round
roadrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.