Ne Half Door Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ne Half Door Kit

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 07-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
Vin
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 3,473
Ne Half Door Kit

So I have my half door kit from Jeepaserus. Should have them painted now, or put them together, and have them painted in the winter?

Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
yoda13
Force Wheeler
 
yoda13's Avatar
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,591
Um, it shouldn't take too long to have them painted...that is what I would do...
__________________
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity


If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?
 
JLC08JK's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 5,736
What I would probably do is put them together now then take them apart tomorrow then have them painted then put them together again next weekend
How come I always do things the hard way?
__________________
Jim
Jim's Jeep; THE OBSESSION LIVES ON!
Jim's JK D44 Rear Axle Build

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #4
waterboarder
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 6,347
Isn't it summer now where you are? Don't need doors in the summer.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 06:36 AM   #5
Jiblet
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
So I have my half door kit from Jeepaserus. Should have them painted now, or put them together, and have them painted in the winter?
when is up to you but I think you'll want have them painted before you assemble them. Unless you want to disassemble them later for the painter. But you'll get better coverage of the e-coated shell if the trim, etc. are not attached. No taping necessary.

And you'll want the shell and hinges painted separately in case you need to make adjustments to the fit when you hang the doors.
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
Abner
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 109
I'm on the fence on getting these doors... they are a little pricey. Do they come with the upper soft window?

(what do you suppose a body shop would charge to paint those - 4 door set?)
Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
chumpmann
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 305
Have them painted first.

Easier without everything on them.

I got mine cheaper from the dealer....Got a discount. The mark up is pretty big, should be able to talk them down....
__________________
"Never trust quotes on the internet" - Bejamin Franklin

ˇɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Other Jeeps...
1994 YJ - 2.5" RC lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT

Hers - '07 XK
chumpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Vin
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 3,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abner View Post
I'm on the fence on getting these doors... they are a little pricey. Do they come with the upper soft window?

(what do you suppose a body shop would charge to paint those - 4 door set?)
upper doors are extra.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
Abner
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 109
ok - thanks....

I've done some searching on-line and can't find the upper portion of the doors... any idea where I can look and/or what they run? If I do this and take a road trip or something I just want a way to keep unexpected rain out!
Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #10
Vin
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 3,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abner View Post
ok - thanks....

I've done some searching on-line and can't find the upper portion of the doors... any idea where I can look and/or what they run? If I do this and take a road trip or something I just want a way to keep unexpected rain out!
Check with Jeep Wrangler accessory and original Jeep parts and accessories - only from Jeepsareus.com. They have the whole kit there. For a 2 door the kit was just over $2000. The uppers were $400.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #11
Jiblet
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Check with Jeep Wrangler accessory and original Jeep parts and accessories - only from Jeepsareus.com. They have the whole kit there. For a 2 door the kit was just over $2000. The uppers were $400.
That's a little pricey but maybe the assembly is worth it for some folks. Any dealer can get the kits and uppers. From what I see, people are paying $15-1800 delivered. The assembly is easy and the power option (as far as I can tell) only requires changing a 2-pin connector block to a 10-pin. That is, a 10-pin block that only has in it the two pins from the 2-pin block. Takes about 5 minutes with a small screwdriver and needle-nose pliers. no cutting required.

Plus painting ($4-500) and matching the lock cylinders to your VIN key at a dealer or equipped locksmith ($25-50)

Its best to have the painting done to the un-assembled shells, I am told.
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #12
Vin
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 3,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiblet View Post
That's a little pricey but maybe the assembly is worth it for some folks. Any dealer can get the kits and uppers. From what I see, people are paying $15-1800 delivered. The assembly is easy and the power option (as far as I can tell) only requires changing a 2-pin connector block to a 10-pin. That is, a 10-pin block that only has in it the two pins from the 2-pin block. Takes about 5 minutes with a small screwdriver and needle-nose pliers. no cutting required.

Plus painting ($4-500) and matching the lock cylinders to your VIN key at a dealer or equipped locksmith ($25-50)

Its best to have the painting done to the un-assembled shells, I am told.
My dealer quoted me $2200 for just the doors (upper and lower) and regular locks. Through JeepsAre Us I have upper and lower doors, power locks and mirrors for $2000. I'm local, so I saved them money on delivery and they cut me a deal (even if it was a tiny one) by rounding off to an even 2000.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #13
chumpmann
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 305
If you want power locks, you have to order the power latches extra.

I kept mine manual so that when I have the alarm set and someone opens the door the alarm goes off.

I dont want the doors locked with the soft uppers, if they are locked then the windows are getting slashed....
__________________
"Never trust quotes on the internet" - Bejamin Franklin

ˇɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Other Jeeps...
1994 YJ - 2.5" RC lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT

Hers - '07 XK
chumpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
half , door , JK , wrangler
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.